What did you do in your garden today?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I picked about 10 tomatoes nor fully red but close enough. Prefer them inside before another cutter tales them. I don't think will have enough for any sauce this year. That bothers me.
Peppers keep going to the ground. Stubborn peppers!

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Armenian cucumber
20240726_090807.jpg
20240726_090825.jpg
20240726_090840.jpg
20240726_090904.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
first i went out and moved a bench that Mom wanted someplace else, then i weeded around a pathway a bit and then got into the onion garden and cleaned that up and then dug a trench for burying onion garen debris, put everything in there and then buried it, continued weeding various gardens and the onion patch a bit more, had to beat it up some with a cultivator in spots as the soil was very compacted and it wasn't likely soaking up much water if we got rains. i need a lot more organic materials than i can ever source. amazingly the onion garden is still productive even with compacted soil in spots so i harvested yet more onions (and ate some of them right there) from it as i was going through it to weed it and then to get everything taken out that was going to get buried. plenty of onion seeds flying around. i'm sure i'll have volunteers for years in there, no problem with me, i can eat them all. :)

then i switched over to weeding the strawberry patch and finished up most of that, a little bit left to double check tomorrow, but for the most part it's done and that's the first time it's been weeded since last fall. it all still needs to be turned under, amended and the replanted but there's no way i'm doing that now.

went around and checked out some of the tomato patch to see what needed to be caught that Mom missed that would be obvious. there's still plenty of weeds hiding under the plants but they are ok down there for another week or so. they don't have too many flowers or seeds yet that i can see.

mainly we just want the gardens to be as presentable as possible for some friends coming over Sunday and there's a good chance that nobody will look too close but even if they do that's fine with me. i won't get everything done, i have three projects i'm part-way through and i'm certainly not going to get to any of those in the next day. my room is also a disaster area but i can clean it up fairly quickly to be more presentable. that's what's nice about having a small place... cleans up quick if needed. just don't look in my closets... heeheehee...

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Picked some more tomatoes, a few peppers and some beans. Don't think I want to go through the trouble with the tomatoes. Last year I had 25 plants so I had plenty for sauces but not this year with 7 plants.

Market Tuesday was good. Almost sold out. Have a swap-n-meet tomorrow so, hopefully I can do good as well.

Pretty busy this summer with new church planting. There is always something to do.

Latest posts