What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the pepper was not super hot and so it was perfect. i diced it up steamed it for a minute in the bowl with the cover, added bbq pork, warmed it up for another 40 seconds and then topped it with some roasted peanuts. most excellent all said and done. muskmelon was my snack a few hours later.

Billy Bob gives it a thumbs up!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't enjoy HOT....just a little warmth 😂. Mild jalapeno or habanero for me. I like the taste difference they offer, so long as my mouth isn't set on fire. Cheese stuffed jalapeno is good.

Dinner tonight is 🤷whatever I pull up after 10 hr at work!! :lol:

VJohnson

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Chicken fettuccine tonite, but I am really excited because my son talked me into a sous vide and it should be here Monday ❤️
Hmmm...I thought Sous vide was a process of cooking meats in a sealed bag in boiling water. I must not have that right. What exactly is arriving on Monday? Now I'm curious.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hmmm...I thought Sous vide was a process of cooking meats in a sealed bag in boiling water. I must not have that right. What exactly is arriving on Monday? Now I'm curious.

They make nice water circulators that you can set the temp for cooking sous vide. Not usually done at boiling. There are also small wand heater/circulators that you put in your own container that don't work quite as well

VJohnson

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
They make nice water circulators that you can set the temp for cooking sous vide. Not usually done at boiling. There are also small wand heater/circulators that you put in your own container that don't work quite as well
But how does the meat taste? Do you season it? Is it more tender? The whole process is a mystery to me.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
But how does the meat taste? Do you season it? Is it more tender? The whole process is a mystery to me.

Usually seasoned before bagged. Yes it can make stuff more tender without overcooking. Set at 140° for a few hours if it's tougher to begin with. Can also reverse sear for maillard reaction flavor after you cook it.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i went out this morning and picked a sink and a half of peppers. then we started cutting them up and stuffing them and two large pans are in the oven. i thought we were going to keep baking a few more rounds today so i cut up more peppers than Mom was ready to deal with so those will have to wait until later when we can do another round of baking.

my brother is stopping in for lunch and we'll be having stuffed peppers. :)