What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
last night was baked spaghetti, good enough to make it a bowl and a half.

as usual Mom had a lot of dishes (she made three batches, so enough to feed us plus a bunch of other people - so those pans and conttainers will be given away today) and she always offers to help but it is much easier if i just do it myself and let her take a break. i finished up doing those just in time for midnight and then when getting ready to go to sleep the smoke detector went off again. no smell of smoke so today i'm going to have her pick up replacements i can switch out the ones. the really annoying one to get to needs a ladder and getting up on top of the bathroom and utility room ceiling (which is very dusty and not as easy as just going up a ladder). it's a hardwired unit that has a battery backup. the problem is that the battery wears out too so once in a while i still have to go up there and replace it, plus the detectors themselves need to be replaced once in a while and that is what i'm doing now because that one is way too sensitive and i hope i can get one that isn't so annoying (at 12:30am and 3:30am and 50 times for years since we replaced them (all am)...). annoying for sure. i made sure to remind Mom to not throw away the receipt.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Using the other half of the small tube of Jimmy Dean sausage, saute up with onions. Add cooked rice and some chimichurri sauce. Nuke the bat zuc for 4 min, then seed and stuff with the sausage stuffing. Bake for a while then stop with sharp cheddar and bake some more.

Served with some broc slaw I found on clearance with some slaw dressing.