Bimpnottin's Journal - OFG: Bacon scarf

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My nephew was funny. He played with the youngest girl for most of the afternoon, but you could totally tell when he'd had enough of all the girls. THen, he had to go run around and be rough and tumble for awhile. Ugh - girls. Had one of the girls get stuck in a tree. One of them ran in to a tree branch (and the horrible thing (but kind of funny) about it was that it was my kid who ran her head into the tree branch.) Gee, the tree is in our back yard, and she runs in to it?!??!!!! Had one of them in tears because the other ones weren't playing with her. So, pretty successful (!) afternoon.

What a bunch of fiscally boring people you are. Gee, make me be all responsible and stuff. Yeah, going to pay for the bathroom, but I can feel my Dexters slipping away. Sigh, I'm done working for Dad until next spring...

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Spring is the best time to buy them anyway! Spring calves will be selling and bottle babies. If you bought them now you would have to be worrying about breaking ice in water tanks and having enough hay for the winter.

Patience WILL pay off.

Meanwhile .... now is the time to find a good breeder, visit some herds and do a LOT of prep and research. Oh and FAIRS!! Autumn farm sales are a good place to find some of the equipment that you will need at a great price. Oh no, we will not be wasting time. ;) :p

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know right where to buy them. Know someone who is trying to liquidate his herd, so can get 2 bred cows with daughters at side for $1000. sigh. responsibility sucks

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Only for a little while. It pays off big in the long run :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
bimpnottin :hugs responsibilty really DOES suck. I know and here's my PROOF...hubby won't let me get a cow right now either :smack You people are MEAN :lol:
It's a darn good thing I can live without one for a little while longer :p

P.S. I want a Dexter too :D

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
bimpnottin :hugs responsibilty really DOES suck. I know and here's my PROOF...hubby won't let me get a cow right now either :smack You people are MEAN :lol:

Here ya go, pal, I'll buy ya two moo cows !!!!

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:

:hugs Thanks. And I can technically LIVE without one, but I DON'T WANNA!:barnie

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:

Here ya go, pal, I'll buy ya two moo cows !!!!
:plbb