Bridal Shower Gift (Pix)

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have a wedding in the congregation next month. Last Friday we had a Bridal Shower for the bride to be. It was a kitchen shower.

Here is what I made for her.
CassieShowergifttest.jpg

Here is a better view of just the text
CassieShowertextemail.jpg

She loved it. And even found a spiritual meaning in it the I didn't think about when I was making it.

The remark made by Papa TenBoom, to his young daughter Corrie, when she asked how the Pastor who lived in the county could call himself a Christian, when he refused to take a Jewish baby to safety in his home.

Papa TenBoom said "Corrie, just because the mouse lives in the cookie jar, it does not make him a cookie."

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Very, very nice. I love handmade gifts and I'm sure the bride-to-be was especially pleased with your thoughtfulness.

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I absolutely love it! My favorite wedding gifts were the ones that people made me, and after ten+ years, I still have them displayed. As a manic purger (not the gross kind, the trip to the Goodwill kind) there aren't many things that still exist from back then. Well, my husband is still around, and the ugly couches that I can't destroy. Back to the topic at hand I have to say that your cross stitch is something she should be proud to display for years to come. I'd love it. :)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
That needs to hang right next my toad laying under a mushroom picture that states "House work causes warts!" :clap