Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I'm with you on the lack of productivity. Is hard to be productive when it takes 10 minutes to get dressed to go outside and 10 minutes to get undressed again when you come in again and you can't just go in and out and all the clothes make it hard to move at all.
I'm so done with this weather.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And what's really bad is when you're out there and have to go! There was snow on my portapot when I had to use it today and it was in the single digits.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Dipped down to 6 degrees last night, so it was 2x as warm as the night B4. Then, the temps rose so it's about 17 out there right now and it's going up to the upper 30s, lower 40s! And for the next several days, the weather is supposed to be close to normal for this time of year. I hope so. Maybe some of this snow will start to melt.

I'm just not getting done as much if I don't post on here in the morning. I think it's because I get started on doing stuff, and wear myself out too quickly, so I'm back to posting in here early. So, my list for today:

1. Put away a load of clothes-including ironing a few shirts
2. Practice piano
3. Work in bedroom
4. Feed animals, put out hay
5. Bag feed and talk to RU
6. Give Stormy his 2nd feeding
7. Wash dishes and work in kitchen
8. Feed goats
9. Do some wood
10. Make and eat dinner
11. Go out w/CMA for something called Season of Refreshing. It's all the chapters in this region and is for 2 days
12. Work on book

Denim Deb

Reaction score
When you follow them. I haven't been today. I had trouble getting motivated this morning, and it's nice out right now. I'm getting ready to go clean out my truck.

As much as I want the winter to be over, I want one more snow fall, but only when I don't have as much to do. I love to go for a walk in the woods when there's snow on the ground, and just haven't had the time. Right now, it's actually above freezing, and the snow is all melting! My chickens were almost brave enough to come out of their pen today, but not quite. Except for the one that I think flew out. She was on the other side of the fence and couldn't figure out how to get back in.

Had my talk w/RU today, and it went quite well. When I reminded her of how Licky and her one horse were (they want to be together, and her's is a fence buster), and that Stormy is very aggressive towards others geldings and she has one that is also aggressive and is a fence buster, she realized that the slip board fence would not be a good idea. We would constantly be replacing boards and maybe having vet bills as well. She liked the plan I drew up. So, as soon as we can, we're going to start working on fencing in that area. She's looking for an auger for the tractor so we don't have to dig all the posts by hand. And she was thrilled when I told her that I know how to do it, I'd just need a few minutes to get used to it again. I used to work on a fruit farm and at times, that's about all I did all day was drill holes so they could plant new trees.

Went for a walk down in the back and heard something snorting at me. So I looked over where I heard it, but couldn't see anything because of the vegetation on the other side of the fence. But, I kept looking and just a few seconds later, I saw a whole herd of deer running thru the woods. I'm so looking forward to being back there so I can do more nature observing. Plus, I want more chickens and it will be easier back there.

hqueen13

Reaction score
So glad that this is going to be a good change for you and not a negative as you first feared!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Same here. I'm looking forward to it now. There's some work that needs to be done B4 I can move my shed down there, but once it's all done, it will be quite nice.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm tired. And it doesn't look like I'm going to get a chance to relax tomorrow. I had planned on getting wood on Monday, then getting feed on Tuesday since the weather was supposed to be nice. They have now changed the forecast. Tomorrow is going to be warm, then on Monday, they're calling for 3-6" of snow! :( And since I was busy all day today, I didn't have the time to do either today. So tomorrow after church, I'll be heading straight to the feed store, then take care of the horses, then go and get wood. I'm glad we're not having church tomorrow night. At least I should have enough time to get everything done while it's still light out.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Good luck getting everything done! I'd say I hope it's not as bad as they are predicting but most of the storms this year have been on the worse side of things...

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Originally, they weren't calling for anything! Then, they started calling for some flurries. That's how the last storm started as well.

I got a lot done today. I got up this morning, did dishes and moved some stuff around in the basement. Then went to church. After church, I went to the feed store, then the farm. At the farm I gave Stormy his 2nd feeding, then cleaned my field. That was no fun! I had stuff that I haven't been able to get up for some time now because it was either frozen in place, or under snow. It has warmed up enough to melt much of the snow, and loosen up all the frozen stuff. And since they're calling for 3-6 inches of snow tomorrow, I wanted to get that all done. I'm hoping it doesn't get too bad until later. I want to move my RB feeder. I had been going to do it the other day, but it was frozen in place!

Once the manure was all up, I put out more hay and took care of the chickens. I'm still not getting any eggs. This week is supposed to be warmer, so maybe I'll start getting some this week. I still needed to get the feed out of the back of my truck but wasn't sure how I was going to move it. The parking area was a combination of mud and snow. I finally decided to get the cart and hope I could get it thru the mud. So for now, the feed is in my tack shed. I don't need it yet, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to drive down the lane any other day!

From there, I ran to Wally World. Didn't see what I was looking for, so I went and got wood. Since they weren't sure if the wood was frozen or not, they had a tractor out there to loosen it up if need be. The wood was fine, so instead, we loaded up the wood into the bucket, and they dumped it in my truck. It took a lot less time doing it that way. Got home, and started to get it all unloaded. It took awhile. I decided that everything that was too long was going to be cut. Everything that was too fat was going to be split. The wood holder in the basement is full, and the rest is in the wood shed.

Once that was done, I went ahead and got all the bark, etc out of the back of my truck. I even swept it. Then, I took the ash bucket and emptied that. Needless to say, by the time I got all that done, it was quite dark. Now I'm relaxing for a bit. At least I won't have to do wood for a few days.