Dirty dozen produce

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Fantastic. :rolleyes: We eat 5 things regularly and another 3-4 things seasonally from that list. I really need to amp up my garden to produce those things.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
yep... just another reason to get out there and hustle in the garden. i worked all day getting things prep-ed.

and yes this is very depressing....

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The list must have been revised since I printed it last year. The one I have includes pears and lettuce, but not kale and blueberries.

I'll have to adjust my shopping list, and pray my blueberry bushes do well.

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Did you read some of the comments afterwards? Holy cow...the article did not once say to go all organic, it just said that these foods were particularly harmful and gave a reason why. Oh and on more than one occasion it has been cheaper for me to buy the organic celery than the non-organic here. I love taking visitors to my local grocery stores because of the organic sections are so good. My MIL is convinced that Whole Foods just took over WA State!

ETA: When did tomatoes drop off the list?

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Spinach does indeed have pests. Here I've had to deal with various worms, caterpillars, snails and aphids. I've heard that some people around the country have problems with mildew. It's not a problem here as it is very arid here.