Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yup. It's pretty good too. I liked the Sumatran.

Besides saving money on coffee I am saving wicked amounts of money on cream. The only stuff that wasn't ultra pasteurized is over $6/quart. Then half the time my son would steal it all. Then, if I bought that nice sugar-free caramel syrup to put in it, hubby would use it all. I was hemorrhaging grocery money and it wasn't even on me!

So I said phooey on the moochers and gave it up. Suddenly when they have to pay for it, caramel syrup and good cream are not worth the effort.

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
here's a kick in the nads for me and mine...
dang, Boyd, i love it when you are around!

earlier this week i paid over $30 for goat chow. one of these gals has got to go. we've pass the intersection of where they are making cents. and with this weather - no one will be cutting hay anytime soon. sheesh!

and dont get me started on the $4.14 i paid for gas yesterday. actually i had a discount down to $2.50...it still cost me about $70 to fill up the big truck. unfortunately you cant haul a ton of gravel in a prius.

WZ - i was wondering when someone would start counting the farming cost for those storms - and dont forget all the flooding. no one here is planting and we are all twitching because of it.

i'm gonna start taking a sack of chickens down to the gas station - maybe i can trade?
I dream of that price, just put half a tank it at $4.39 here near flint :(

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Hey Boyd :frow

Yikes! You all are paying more for gas then we are in Alaska on the road system :ep

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
boyd, im with you, our low aveage is 4.40 right now, ive seen it as high as 4.89 for regular...more if you want to pay via credit card...

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
WZ - i was wondering when someone would start counting the farming cost for those storms - and dont forget all the flooding. no one here is planting and we are all twitching because of it.
It was the first question I asked. No "is everyone all right??" for teh abifae. LOL. "OMG, how much is food gonna cost me NOW???"

:D

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Teh Abi's metabolism is aspensive to feeds!!!

Wifezilla

Reaction score
And yet you are skinny. NOW I remember why I hate you so much :gig

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
nyah nyah! I'm having shredded yam with cheese, bacon, and sour cream (aka strained yogurt). mmmmm

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i got a nice < 1/2 acre of corn, wheat, and oats growing as a large reduction in the prices of these 3 commodities when they start really rising as it said on the news today. its very exciting seeing the first sprouts comming up! never did this stuff before, but because of the internet i quickly realized what i have to do.i hope everyone else is preparing as well, this spring seems to be a very important one on getting a heads up to the comming years of uncertainty!!
-make sure to get organic heirloom seed
-sustainable fruit trees and bushes
-get water storage or a well
-learn how to harvest and store seed for the next year
-make sure to be energy independent, like solar or geothermal
-get ham radio equipment if the internet is censored, which is comming soon(they dont want people to prepare!) :rolleyes:

good luck everyone! i hope ur getting ready!this is a very important year, the internet predicted this atleast 3 yrs ago!

its great, i have a real farmsville, not a digital one lol. ;)