Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Well, dandelions do make up a large part of the ducks green intake this time of year. I also grow duckweed for them in the pond. I guess offsetting feed costs kind of counts as profitable :D

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
I'm still able to get greens from a local grocery store yr round.They would normally toss it in the dumpster.I give the guy a doz. eggs a week and he puts it aside for me.Its the last store in my town that will do it because to many people were stealing..If i lose that connection i'll have to reduce my flock of 55 hens to..? I get about two-three bushels of greens a day, so its a big help with the feed..

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just went to Albertson's to pick up a few items and checked the price of coffee. Can we say STICKER SHOCK :ep

39 oz Folgers was $12.49!!! And to think only last week I was complaining that coffee was between $8 & $9 but that was at a different store too.

I think I feel a chunky breeze pickin up :/

Wifezilla

Reaction score
I broke my coffee habit about 2 weeks ago. Hubby is still hooked. Fortunately he drinks the cheap crap. When I was drinking it I had to have whole beans and ground it myself.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I broke my coffee habit about 2 weeks ago. Hubby is still hooked. Fortunately he drinks the cheap crap. When I was drinking it I had to have whole beans and ground it myself.
You're still off coffee? Wow! I can go without if I need to, but it's soooo relaxing.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Last time I shopped my Cost Co they had my Favorite brand at 10 bucks for the 3 lb bucket. I bought 6. The grocery is selling it for cose to 13.00 for 2 pounds. :barnie

g

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i'm carefully doling out my Starbucks by the individual bean. after spending 20 years in the shadow of their corporate logo there is no way i can give it up.

remind me about this when a small bag hits $20. at that point i'll add "learn to roast your own beans" to my list of skills.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
For relaxing, hot coco or herbal cinnamon tea with cream works. Coffee was starting to just make me edgy.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Sunflower still has all their whole beans at 7/pound. :D

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
all i know is out local grocery is now up to alnmost $4 a gallon for milk...its still cheaper than gas for the car but not by much...
i need my farm and goats like yesterday!

Latest posts