Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Stagflation: It appears to be the word of the day on Varney & Company. I was a teen during the Carter Administration, but this looks like de ja vu all over again :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
this has happened all thru history
back then they didn't have a made up word for it :p

come on ya'll this has happened thru time and will happen in the future.

live thru it like everyone has done....and be a bit prepared :p --like others have done and take care of your own.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:

live thru it like everyone has done....and be a bit prepared :p --like others have done and take care of your own.
Except I don't think any other country has been 14 TRILLION DOLLARS in debt at any other time in history. We are entering brand-new territory here (IMHO). :/

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Cycles? Yes. cycles with this amount of debt? Never been done before. So I think this will be the Carter years x10.

If I am wrong and I have spent effort, time and money stocking up and paying off debt, what is the harm? ZERO. If I ignore the current economic realities, don't pay off debt and don't stock up and there is stagflation? Well then me and my family are completely screwed. So what do you think is the wisest course of action at this point?

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Cycles? Yes. cycles with this amount of debt? Never been done before. So I think this will be the Carter years x10.

If I am wrong and I have spent effort, time and money stocking up and paying off debt, what is the harm? ZERO. If I ignore the current economic realities, don't pay off debt and don't stock up and there is stagflation? Well then me and my family are completely screwed. So what do you think is the wisest course of action at this point?
:thumbsup

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
FarmerChick said:

Except I don't think any other country has been 14 TRILLION DOLLARS in debt at any other time in history. We are entering brand-new territory here (IMHO). :/
What REALLY worries me is if we have another 4 years of the present administration. This clown spent billions on bailouts and it was money he (we) didn't even have. Change? Yeah right. Next year change is more important than ever.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
FarmerChick said:

well the amt of debt of the Roman empire etc. according to todays money etc can't be fathomed. or the monetary and backward toll somethign like the black plague played in history.

truly, it is always something. money, greed, disaster, plague...etc. all the same. bad times are just that and they have happened.
and people do prevail.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
economic disasters have happened before thru history.

none of us lived thru them (mostly)

have a natural disaster change your life forever. have entire generations wiped out in one swoop. money disasters usually mean you live to try to thrive again.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
no matter who comes into office next, the next 25 years are going to be hard.
don't get geared up to blame the next one who takes the next 4 years LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:

you do whatever you personally feel necessary for your family but of course you know if you leave it in God's hands all will be fine!

Latest posts