Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The price of gold is basically useless now. Who in their right mind would rather have gold than food? My recommendation is still to stock up on whole grains and beans and screw the gold.
PRIORITY: FLASH

1808_images.jpeg

... --- ... / ... --- ...

//BT//
TRIM SENDS

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Just bought more canning jars and pinto beans. We will be dining on a lot of chili during the meltdown. Anyone with cold beer is welcomed to join us :D

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't "stock up" on gold, but if you have some, it may come in handy later if TSHTF... same with silver, and even copper.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
I have been saving copper pennies. I even found some silver in the change jar. But no...not buying gold. I can't afford it for one thing. And as it has been been pointed out, you can't eat it. Canning jars and food to fill them with is a better investment for me. Oh...and extra bags of feed. Got to get that tonight.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's even worth keeping anything in dollars at this point...? The new currency - canning jars & chicks...:/

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
I'm wondering if it's even worth keeping anything in dollars at this point...? The new currency - canning jars & chicks...:/
*OFG runs off to see if she has another chick in the 'bator*

Wifezilla

Reaction score
I have ducks and quail. I wonder what the exchange rate is... ;)

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have been buying and selling silver for the lasy yr. Starting this summer I have been bartering for guns , ammo and canning supplies mainly. I have been flipping old cars for these items. A lot of people want old running junkers this yr. The market is a complete joke right now. Silver is WAY undervalued. I am seeing a TON more bartering.

IMHO buy canning supplies for sure but also arm yourselves. Practice new and refresh old skills that will be helpful to the community.

The market tanking is no the end of the world but it is a wake up for more people now. I do think the big one is coming soon. I may be wrong but I rather be prepared than on the other side. Don

:old

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DS10 came across a silver mercury dime a few weeks ago. DH says it was worth about $1.50. I told DS if he wanted to sell it to let me know, I'd buy it. He made me pay $2 :/