Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
I find it strange that with today's economic news they are saying that we may be in for another recession...ANOTHER??? I guess I must have somehow missed it when we came out and thought we were still there... :rolleyes:
Glad to know I am not the only one that missed the 'recovery'.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hoosier said:
old fashioned said:
I find it strange that with today's economic news they are saying that we may be in for another recession...ANOTHER??? I guess I must have somehow missed it when we came out and thought we were still there... :rolleyes:
Glad to know I am not the only one that missed the 'recovery'.
I missed the "recovery" also. It never seemed to get better, just worse. And I bet its going to get way worse before it gets better. The Guvment is just saying there was a recovery to appease the sheeple..

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Awhile back the news media was calling it the " jobless recovery" , and the stock market was doing very well.Most people didn't feel like they were in any kind of recovery and still don't. Unemployment, high fuel and food prices, housing woes are still very real problems.Now it looks like the parties over for the stock market as well.The only ones doing well are big corporations, like GE, the hamburger giant and some others.They are hiring and expanding, trouble is , this is going on in other countries, not here in America.I sure don't see anything good happening.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Since the fundamentals that got us in to this haven't changed, does anyone really expect things to get better anytime soon?

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Since the fundamentals that got us in to this haven't changed, does anyone really expect things to get better anytime soon?
Quite simply, no.

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ok, folks, I have irrefutable evidence that things are getting REALLY BAD. A bag of Dove dark chocolates went up ONE DOLLAR since last week. And it was already up about 60 cents from the week before that. Seriously, now.... :hit

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Since we ran out of our beloved Community brand coffee (which isn't sold in our area), we have been buying another brand for which we have been paying an average price in the $11 range. The price has remained fairly constant, even though the packaged amount had been reduce from 32 ounces down to 27.8 ounces. This week, at the same store, it is $16. Yeesh!

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've been a coffee addict for years, not a all day drinker, but really need one good kick butt mug to start the day.I'm going to start switching coffee one day high caffine tea the next.Hopefully i can give up coffee in time and drink cheaper tea to start my day..Gotta save money where can...!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I already gave up coffee. It is saving me a fortune since the more I bought for myself, the more coffee hubby seemed to drink and the more cream and sweetener my son was stealing. I don't smoke but hubby does. I refuse to pa for smokes for him. If I can only kick my diet soda habit I will be in pretty good shape. It frees up more money for chocolate.