Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I already gave up coffee. It is saving me a fortune since the more I bought for myself, the more coffee hubby seemed to drink and the more cream and sweetener my son was stealing. I don't smoke but hubby does. I refuse to pa for smokes for him. If I can only kick my diet soda habit I will be in pretty good shape. It frees up more money for chocolate.
The NO-carb queen eats no-carb chocolate, right?:lol:

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
Icu4dzs said:
The price of gold is basically useless now. Who in their right mind would rather have gold than food? My recommendation is still to stock up on whole grains and beans and screw the gold....
Nobody would rather have gold that food. However, If you have food, and you have your band aids, bullets, etc. covered, not owning gold or silver is foolish (IMHO). There has not been a period of history during the last 2000 years when gold didn't hold a value. Sure there have been times when people were starving, and they would have traded any amount of gold for something to eat, but you can only put back so much food. Once that is done, gold and silver are a smart move.

If we were to suffer a catastrophic breakdown of society there may be a short time that gold would hold no value, but I doubt it. If you have gold, there are times when you can buy your way out of trouble. It paved the way for many Jewish families to escape Nazi Germany. You can't pay your property taxes with chickens, but you can convert gold into whatever cash is being accepted and then pay the taxes, and more states are starting to accept gold and silver.

Just my two cents.
OK so this is the advice from the same guy who gets 41 mpg on alcohol and a $214 return on a $1000 investment in beer rather than a $49 return on a $1000 investment in Delta Airlines. OK, I get it, buy gold and hold on to it. The real trick though is not to let anyone know you have it, Right? The good news is that you can't beat his logic. It is absolutely sound right now. Maybe it'll seem better come Monday.
I think we are in deep kim chee here follks.
"clench your buttocks, it's going to be a bumpy ride."

... --- ... / ... --- ...
PRIORITY: FLASH
1808_images.jpeg

//BT//

Trim sends and goes looking for some way to make gold out of lead

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
*nods* If I have to disappear to 'Zillas, she knows my bank account is hers for more stocking up, at least.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The NO-carb queen eats no-carb chocolate, right?
Coco powder is very low carb. I use it to make kefir smoothies. When I just need a chunk-o-chocolate to bite in to, it's usually 85% cocoa. None of that sugary milk-chocolate. :D

As for the NO in my title. I didn't pick it. I am LOW carb, not NO carb. Even if I went total carnivore, there would still be SOME carbs involved. I wanted my title to say "Blinding You With Science" or "Which Way is Tokyo?"

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
You didn't pick your title? Who did? That is interesting!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I didn't pick mine, either. It just appeared one day. This is how titles used to happen....I think they were given out by moderators. It is new that people started asking for specific titles.