Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

S

sunsaver

R2D2 said:
I find it interesting that some of us here are saying...I think TSHTF is happening to fast...! It's as if it just started happening or something in their view...! Ahhhhh, this has been building for a long time folks, how can you not see it.? It's just that now the pace seems to have quickened, and even more preping seems more urgent.I agree with those who think it will take awhile for us to slide, but have no illusions that we are indeed building speed in our downward tumble...
TSHTF has sort of already happened for me. I have barely worked at all for the last 2 years. I am glad that i have my massive stockpile of pasta, beans, rice, and canned food. I probably have enough food for one person to live on for at least a year. Meanwhile, i am growing veggies to supplement that food. My compulsion to hoard food seems more like wisdom than paranoia. When any of the canned goods get close to their expiration date, i donate them to charity. If beans or pasta start to break down or get bugs, they go ito to the compost pile. My pantry room is always deeply stocked.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Hey WZ, gold is a $1692 at the moment. I may have to get you to plan my investments, oh Madam Soothsayer.
I don't guess a lot on those things. Every once in a while I make a prediction. If you only plan on making an investment every 5 years... :gig

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Well gold went over $1700 tonight, oh mighty prognosticator of metals. I guess that I'll be looking you up in five years! :D

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
Britesea said:
savingdogs said:
I think the TSHTF is happening too quick....:sick
Too true, and I'm not ready yet!!!
me neither!!
X2

Still need a way to pump our well without electricity. Need solar panels. Need wood cookstove. Need better goat pens. Need perimeter fence. Need nut and fruit trees and bushes.

ARGH!

jk.

I'm not really panicking. We still have time.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Appreciate the offer. May take you up on it.

But the link didn't mention if it's people-edible? Do you eat it? If so, how do you prepare it? Will my chickens and/or goats eat it?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Chufa taste like a cross between a coconut and an almond. They are DELICIOUS :D People edible and livestock edible, but I am sure it will depend on the animal. It is a natural feed for ducks, pigs and turkeys. Not sure about other critters.

Now, amidst the plunging stock market fun, there is this little gem...

"Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan on Sunday ruled out the chance of a US default following S&P's decision to downgrade America's credit rating.

"The United States can pay any debt it has because we can always print money to do that. So there is zero probability of default" said Greenspan on NBC's Meet the Press"

http://the-classic-liberal.com/gree...ebt-it-has-because-we-can-always-print-money/

double-facepalm1.jpg

1549246-129092786498235257_super.jpg

4127992813_91c0640808.jpg