Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
Wifezilla said:
Now, amidst the plunging stock market fun, there is this little gem...

"Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan on Sunday ruled out the chance of a US default following S&P's decision to downgrade America's credit rating.

"The United States can pay any debt it has because we can always print money to do that. So there is zero probability of default" said Greenspan on NBC's Meet the Press"
Yep, the Weimar Republic and Zimbabwe could print all the money they needed also.

http://thejetpacker.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Zimbabwe_100_trillion_2009.jpg
Gotta few of those myself. After the first Billion things get a little old. YAWN!! :) Was able to buy a hut, cow and a goat with one. :lol:

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Actually there was an SNL sketch with Bush and he said "The Great Lakes are on fire, that can't be good..." :D

I was thinking of that.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I heard on the news this morning that the Fed is meeting today to find more ways "to help the economy".... :barnie

(I think they've "helped" enough, thank you very much. With friends like that, who needs enemas. :smack )

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
I heard on the news this morning that the Fed is meeting today to find more ways "to help the economy".... :barnie

(I think they've "helped" enough, thank you very much. With friends like that, who needs enemas. :smack )
Okay, so did you REALLY mean this? Or enemies???? Either/or you are still right! :lol:

I too heard something about this but as in 'quantative easing' such as $ hot off the press :barnie

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Bernanke is going to speak today at 2? (est). That should be fun :rolleyes:

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
I heard on the news this morning that the Fed is meeting today to find more ways "to help the economy"
"Hello, we're from the government and we're here to help." Very frightening.