Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It may be interesting to hear what he has to say.......but is what he has to say really worth hearing?

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
i_am2bz said:
I heard on the news this morning that the Fed is meeting today to find more ways "to help the economy".... :barnie

(I think they've "helped" enough, thank you very much. With friends like that, who needs enemas. :smack )
Okay, so did you REALLY mean this? Or enemies???? Either/or you are still right! :lol:
I wanted to see if anyone was paying attention. :lol: (It's actually a line from an old movie, "Short Circuit".)

But yeah, enemas/enemies...same difference. :/

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
old fashioned said:
i_am2bz said:
I heard on the news this morning that the Fed is meeting today to find more ways "to help the economy".... :barnie

(I think they've "helped" enough, thank you very much. With friends like that, who needs enemas. :smack )
Okay, so did you REALLY mean this? Or enemies???? Either/or you are still right! :lol:
I wanted to see if anyone was paying attention. :lol: (It's actually a line from an old movie, "Short Circuit".)

But yeah, enemas/enemies...same difference. :/
:gig

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:

Yep, they only really have three options in their playbook. One, they can try to drive down long term bond yields. This isn't a desirable option and it probably would only have minimal results. Two, drop interest rates which are already near zero, and in certain instances actually negative (weird, but true). Again, this would only have minimal results. And three, quantitative easing, ie., printing more money. We all know how well that has worked. In the last two years the Fed has pumped a minimum of 1.6 trillion into the economy (maybe considerably more, but they aren't releasing the exact figures).

According to the US Senate, the Federal Reserve, in the name of the U.S., provided $16 trillion in secret loans to bail out American and foreign banks and businesses. That's money that the U.S. Government (actually me, you, and the next several generations) is on the hook for if things get worse and the loans don't get paid back.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sunsaver said:
FarmerChick said:
FED sucks
Be careful what you say, terrorist. Office of Homeland Security will take you away and torture you.
you be there in the crowd watching? :p :lol:

ah heck many times we say it stinks, nothing changes. nothing will. sheeple do their thing, the smartest survive best I can figure.
ugh--I hope to be one of them and set my kiddo best I can for that nasty future. :D

S

sunsaver

FarmerChick said:
sunsaver said:
FarmerChick said:
FED sucks
Be careful what you say, terrorist. Office of Homeland Security will take you away and torture you.
you be there in the crowd watching? :p :lol:

ah heck many times we say it stinks, nothing changes. nothing will. sheeple do their thing, the smartest survive best I can figure.
ugh--I hope to be one of them and set my kiddo best I can for that nasty future. :D
I'll be the one with the protest sign that reads "Torture Sucks! Free FarmerChick!" :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks, I will throw you some free squash for the help

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
The fun and frolics continue....who made money on the downgrade? :he
Well I did, I was waiting with cash, picked up some bargin stocks that sold down Friday and Monday and as of 1:30 I am ahead $1627 of coursse the market can fall at any time but when there is a big panic about nothing it is a great time to buy!