Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
~gd said:
Well I did, I was waiting with cash, picked up some bargin stocks that sold down Friday and Monday and as of 1:30 I am ahead $1627 of course the market can fall at any time but when there is a big panic about nothing it is a great time to buy!
I was wishing for extra funds to do the same thing LOL!!!!

Congrats. Good play.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
~gd said:
FarmerJamie said:
The fun and frolics continue....who made money on the downgrade? :he
Well I did, I was waiting with cash, picked up some bargin stocks that sold down Friday and Monday and as of 1:30 I am ahead $1627 of coursse the market can fall at any time but when there is a big panic about nothing it is a great time to buy!
Nice! I can't convince the DW to let me have a little "scratch" to do the same. :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
abifae said:
~gd said:
Well I did, I was waiting with cash, picked up some bargin stocks that sold down Friday and Monday and as of 1:30 I am ahead $1627 of course the market can fall at any time but when there is a big panic about nothing it is a great time to buy!
I was wishing for extra funds to do the same thing LOL!!!!

Congrats. Good play.
I made tons on stocks when in my 30s early 40s. now I am worried to hit that market right now LOL
ugh, I could be losing out and I feel I do but at least I got that big profit I made earlier working for me! :)
worried this time won't be in my gain LOL

I love the stock market and fear it horribly :lol:, but I always done exceptionally well.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Report from a coin dealer...

"With all the wrangling going on in political circles around the globe, no one has taken any genuine steps to cure the problems. In fact, almost every step being taken has the effect of making the problem worse."
http://news.coinupdate.com/report-from-the-coin-dealer-front-lines/

Bernanke Impoverishing Grandmothers to Benefit Wall Street Bankers
"The reality since Ben Bernanke announced his QE2 policy in August 2010 is:

Unleaded gas prices are up 45%.
Heating oil prices are up 46%.
Corn prices are up 71%.
Soybean prices are up 26%.
Rice prices are up 13%.
Pork prices are up 31%.
Beef prices are up 25%.
Coffee prices are up 38%.
Sugar prices are up 48%.
Cotton prices are up 13%.
Gold prices are up 42%.
Silver prices are up 115%.
Copper prices are up 23%.

These are the facts and they fly in the face of the lies being spouted by Bernanke and his Federal Reserve cronies. "
http://www.financialsense.com/contr...g-grandmothers-to-benefit-wall-street-bankers

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Nothing surprising Wifezilla....! What else is new news...? or should i say old news..lol

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Steel is up as well. I have been taking advantage of that one :D The scrap business is lookin purty.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Steel is up as well. I have been taking advantage of that one :D The scrap business is lookin purty.
I was just talking to my dh about this one. On my somewhat local CL there is an add for two huge, like 10 by 12 foot water tanks. The add requires you demo. But I imagine that would be some money.

g

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Wannabefree said:
I was just talking to my dh about this one. On my somewhat local CL there is an add for two huge, like 10 by 12 foot water tanks. The add requires you demo. But I imagine that would be some money.

g
I have a full size truck. One truckload yesterday was $134. It weighed in at a bit over 1000 pounds. Dunno how the steel prices are in your area, but they're pretty good here considering we're just scrapping old junk out of the woods. I figure it'd be worth the effort.

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You aren't kidding Wannabefree, with gold and silver skyrocketing, copper and steel is looking pretty good..! Who would have thought...? I'm going to start steel scrape salvage myself and save to buy pure copper to hedge inflation..

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
R2D2 said:
You aren't kidding Wannabefree, with gold and silver skyrocketing, copper and steel is looking pretty good..! Who would have thought...? I'm going to start steel scrape salvage myself and save to buy pure copper to hedge inflation..
Not a bad idea. We just got "gifted" two dozers, a combine, a crane, and a few old tractors and various parts today...we just gotta drag them/cut them outta the woods :lol: Will be making a bit of cash on those though, so things are looking UP around here financially. I now have work for the rest of the summer, and making GOOD money even! I almost cried :lol: