Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow..excellent score Wannabefree...! Its so cool to see people recycle and cashing in on steel,or whatever..! I'd love for someone to give me those good scores you got..!! :) Keep up the good salvage, sounds like smart money to me...:)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Who da thunk it?!?!

"An index of producer prices gained 0.2 percent last month, the Labor Department said today. Economists forecast a 0.1 percent increase. The so-called core measure, which excludes food and energy, climbed 0.4 percent, the most since January. The dollar fell as much as 0.8 percent against a six-currency basket. Gold has gained 26 percent this year, reaching an intraday all-time high of $1,817.60 an ounce on Aug. 11.

The inflationary story is back, Adam Klopfenstein, a senior strategist at MF Global Holdings Ltd. in Chicago, said in a telephone interview. The weaker dollar is also helping gold. "
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...european-debt-concern-fuels-haven-demand.html

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
:gig

But I thought it was all unicorn farts and improvement!

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Hey WZ!, gold is up over $1800 this morning ($1822 last I checked).

BTW, So far, it looks like another big drop in the markets today. I hope that it turns around, but I ain't holding my breath. :(

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Down 460 and dropping right now. It is gonna get ugly....but we already knew that. It was just a matter of time. Time may finally be up.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
So does this mean the crap has officially hit the fan :hu

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
So does this mean the crap has officially hit the fan :hu
Not for my money. I believe that we are on a long slow downward slope, with a lot of little cliffs along the way. It's sorta like the proverbial frog in the pot on the stove. Raise the fire slowly and the frog doesn't notice the rise in temperature and jump out, until it's too late. I believe that one morning we, as a country, are going to wake up and realize the water is boiling, and it's too late to jump out.

ETA: But I'm not taking any chances and I'm continuing to stock up, 'cause I could be wrong. :D

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
sunsaver said:
TSHTF :hide Glad my pantry room is full.
But not as full as I want it to be!!! :(

Heard something (can't remember now if it was on FNC or talk radio) about gold being the next bubble to burst...any thoughts on that from anyone?