Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

animalfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Any word or phrase no matter how innocent can become a weapon of choice if used with a bad intent. Political correctness has become ridiculous and a censorship of free and reasoned speech. Common sense says tread carefully when addressing people close to a given situation as they may be emotionally challenged on the subject, but in a forum such as this, ideas and intent should take precedence and we who read these forums should expect to use the brains we were endowed with and not take exception to every little thing said that may not be quite right according to our perceptions. Good deeds trump all.

Personally I like the fact that many of the posts on this site are not just happy little sound bites. I don't agree with some points, but they make me think past my own little world.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
I don't believe that Savingdogs meant anything other than we should attempt to be thoughtful of our descriptions, and not use those terms as a way of hurting people. Boogity wasn't being demeaning, just trying to honestly state the situation. We all know his heart is in the right place because he is going the extra mile to help these families. I wish we had more like him.

One of the problems with being Politically Correct is that terms that are acceptable now, will eventually be be considered inappropriate. Retarded originally was just a shortened version of developmentally retarded. Nowadays the accepted term seems to be developmentally challenged, with a lot of people just using the word challenged. I would bet at some point the word challenged will be looked down upon, like retarded is now. It's hard to keep up with the PC police.

There are a lot of ways of saying the same things (inflections) that can't be picked up in this media. We should all just give each other the benefit of the doubt, unless we have reason to do otherwise. :)
well said

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
?! Good grief....
Totally agree!!!

Maybe the thread can get beck to the topic. :)

Went and bought a couple stand up freezers today. One off craigslist and one at Homedepot for 20% due to a ding in the door. WOOHOO!!
ONe for the cow and one for the chicken. :):thumbsup

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was looking for a freezer at Home Depot today as well, no luck. I think I'm going to check the used appliance place up the street from me. I did see a small one at Lowe's yesterday. I think 9 cubic feet. It was priced ok but I don't think it would hold much at all.

:idunno

oh hey wouldn't this be nice. :fl

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bfs/2558783716.html

:gig

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I was looking for a freezer at Home Depot today as well, no luck. I think I'm going to check the used appliance place up the street from me. I did see a small one at Lowe's yesterday. I think 9 cubic feet. It was priced ok but I don't think it would hold much at all.

:idunno

oh hey wouldn't this be nice. :fl

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bfs/2558783716.html

:gig
I WANT ONE!!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
More and more people on foodstamps? What could possibly go wrong?!?

**dies from massive sarcasm attack

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Also a big run on SSD according to a NBC story i read this morning.The story said SSD is fast running out of funds.Apparently many who are unemployed long term, and disabled persons who lost jobs are seeking SSD benifits in large numbers.Sorry don't have a link to the news report.