Grain/Gluten, Legume and Dairy free food ideas and sharing journal

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here's a stupid question: is eating coconut or almond bread (Primal friendly ingredients) or those cookies you posted, cheating? Is it still carbs?

I'm having a hard time with no bread, let alone desert.

(They didn't have chocolate mousse last night.)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
There are carbs in everything you eat, even meat. But the nut meals are much lower carb and don't inflame the same way grains do :)

For mousse: I toss whipping cream, unsweetened cocoa, and some peanut butter in the blender and mix LOL.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Mmmm, sounds good abi!

Lost power yesterday so I couldn't post our menu.

Yesterday
Breakfast:
bacon and eggs
water

Lunch:
fresh cod fillets
steamed veggies in ghee
water

Dinner:
thin crust pizza :( I'm still kicking myself. The power went out...it is all I can say. I had my yummy seafood stew on the menu, but it is too complicated to cook on the wood stove.

Today
Breakfast:
eggs
blueberries
water

Lunch:
nitrate free hot dogs
steamed carrots

Dinner plans:
seafood stew (so good!! contains, coconut milk, coconut oil, turmeric, cilantro, basil, diced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, bell peppers, onions, and green onions, marinated in fresh lime juice-shrimp and cod)
water

Ok for the good news, Sam went to the dr for a follow up. She lost 6 1/2 pounds!! :ya Today is exactly three weeks since we started this whole thing.

eta: I forgot to add a few ingredients in my seafood stew

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
That's great!!!! I bet she is feeling better in a lot of other ways too :D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
One more thing, the results from her neurological evaluation report came back on Friday. Her neuro psychologist said she was quite impressed at how well she did considering what she has been through. She said it had everything to do with me and my efforts. :celebrate

That was the by far the best thing I've heard in a long time. I have to thank you guys too. Without you I would never have thought to do the things that I did for her. THANKS!!

She still has a ways to go, but we are over a really big neuro-hump.

(Next Sat she has her ENT consultation/post op for surgery. I'm wondering if being on this diet for only a month is enough time to have shrunk that enlarged lingual tonsil? We'll see. :fl)

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Congrats!! I hope everything goes well w/ ENT.

Next time you can make the pizza with a veggie crust and no cheese :D

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh!! And I'm on my way to the co-op to find some food for this diet :) and raw milk, as my version allows for that.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Thanks MsPony.

(I ordered the pizza--I just was in no mood to fuss over a tiny wood stove in the dark. :p)

eta: It did teach me a lesson--have some healthy food more readily available for times like these. I think I'm going to can some soups this weekend.