Grain/Gluten, Legume and Dairy free food ideas and sharing journal

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I loved Cheerios. :/ I haven't had them in three years though. Cheerios, milk and honey were my favorite breakfast....ahh the good old days--before I knew that food could kill us! :lol:

Breakfast:
scrambled eggs
(that was it)
water

Lunch:
nitrate free hotdogs (no buns) in leftover chili
brussel sprouts (bet you didn't see that one coming, lol)
water

Dinner Plans:
bbq chicken
coleslaw (homemade dressing with cabbages, carrots and jicama)
water

Snack:
almonds

Ok MsPony, what have you got? :pop

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
My fave brussel sprouts:

Cook up a bunch of bacon, crumble it and set it aside. Slice a few shallots and start them cooking. Once they just start to get translucent, add in the brussel sprouts, halved. Cover and let them steam themselves to done.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Thanks Abi!!!! That sounds fantastic!!!

I just steamed them and smothered them in ghee and seasalt.

Oh, btw for anyone new reading this when I list pork, ham or bacon, it is from the happy piggy we raised in a pasture. And (should this be a given around here?) the eggs come from our own flock of yard birds. They have a full acre on which to free range.

I also found a pretty good tasting beer called "Redbridge" that is gluten free. It is made from sorghum. It isn't as strong as beer, but if you add a splash of vodka you'll get your kick. :lol:

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I need to come live with you LOL.

*packs up her books and fabric and heads on out*

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, WF failed me last night so didn't get key ingredients to this new lifestyle! I'm a regular customer so I don't bring my ID, it rang up under $20 and she wouldn't let me use my card!! It was my mommys CC so I was NOT getting my ID lol! (I pay her back, she gets extra points.)

So this morning was your fav BBH...cheerios w/ whole fat dairy and raw, local honey ;)

Lunch, since I was already bad, was eggs scrambled w/ tater tots and topped w/ colby jack cheese. Glass of milk.

Tonight, I tried. I sliced salami, mozzarella and tomato, tossed. Fried 2 slices of bacon cut in half, fried mushrooms in grease the scrambled and egg in there. While all that was frying, tried a piece of salami and OF COURSE hit a piece of ligament!! Omg, that's why I don't do meat. Then I looked at the ingredients; corn syrup and non-fat milk solids!!

So I ended up with the egg/shroom scramble topped with the crunched bacon, green onions, tomato and mozzarella.

I ordered coconut flour and brazil nut flour. I can make pancakes out of almond butter, eggs and banana. I need some dressing for my salad.

I'm disappointed in my salami. I'm disappointed in my milk which has "non-fat milk solids".I'm going to the co-op next week, as they have local, raw milk. They are bound to have pastrami (which was a WF purchase.) They may have coconut flour and jicama.

Oh, and to add to my wagon (or not jumping high enough to get on...) I had an iced coffee.

NOW; talk fajitas to me. I got chicken breast, salsa verde, bell pepper, onions and mushrooms. What do I do?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Orange BBQ Sauce

1 cup freshly pressed orange juice;
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar;
10 tbsp tomato paste;
4 tbsp chopped onion;
4 cloves garlic, minced;
tsp mustard powder;
tsp paprika;
Cooking fat;
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
to taste;

1 Heat a pot or saucepan over a medium heat and
cook the onion in some cooking fat until soft,
about 6 minutes.
2 Stir in the orange juice, apple cider vinegar, tomato
paste, garlic, mustard powder and paprika.
Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground
black pepper.
3 Bring to a simmer and then let simmer, uncovered,
for about 20 minutes.
4 Use immediately to cook chicken or reserve in
the refrigerator.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Bought a smaller pair of jeans (on sale) today @ Target. :ya

Breakfast:
eggs and leftover ribeye
water

Lunch:
link sausage
biggy side of steamed green beans with melted bacon drippings, garlic and sea salt

Dinner:
bbq-ed pork ribs
biggy side of tri-color creamy coleslaw
water

Snack:
sliced strawberries
dark chocolate (Hey, it is close to Valentine's day! :p )

(Decaf coffee around 4:00 for me, a small treat for myself.)