Grain/Gluten, Legume and Dairy free food ideas and sharing journal

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm honing in on milk myself :( I woke up with no "congestion" (it drains down the back of my throat into my chest, meaning I can't breathe and my heart races) and then drank a glass of milk, so it was on. I took a claritin but it didn't kick in for awhile.

I love milk.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Can you get it raw?

I forgot my co-op is closed on Mondays. I have to get my milk tomorrow. Out of the cow's milk, jersey milk is supposed to be the easiest to digest. Goat or sheep is even better.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yep! Ill drink it tomorrow instead of pasturized...the whole not shaking it and drinking pure fat makes my tastebuds queasy. (Sp?)

I have terrible skin allergies, and I've been at a loss as to why I have enviro allergies, but I can crawl around in hay all day long? I mean I did work as a barn assistant for 6ish years, but I wasn't understanding why I get congested from nothing.

Does that make sense? Lol after being exhausted yesterday I stayed up till 11, and had a long work day again today. My speech is cavemen like today.

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Today we ate---

Sausage or bacon and eggs

green salad, turkey or ham and cheese, pickles, jello

dinner was fake tater tot casserole and went over pretty well--

ground beef and onion
green beans, sour cream
cheese on top
small amount of french fried onions on top

snacks were string cheese and nuts.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
MsPony said:
Yep! Ill drink it tomorrow instead of pasturized...the whole not shaking it and drinking pure fat makes my tastebuds queasy. (Sp?)

I have terrible skin allergies, and I've been at a loss as to why I have enviro allergies, but I can crawl around in hay all day long? I mean I did work as a barn assistant for 6ish years, but I wasn't understanding why I get congested from nothing.

Does that make sense? Lol after being exhausted yesterday I stayed up till 11, and had a long work day again today. My speech is cavemen like today.
Its very likely all your issues are tied into the processed dairy.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Woot! You go Donrae!

Breakfast:
fresh eggs (they never get old!)
water

Lunch:
Mediterranean salad (olives, fresh sliced zucchini, capers, red onions etc.)
homemade ACV vinegar and olive oil dressing
water

Dinner plans:
coconut shrimp=coconut oil, coconut, shrimp, sea salt and garlic all sauteed together
garlically green beans
side salad
water

Snacks:
blueberries
soaked, crispy nuts

I got too busy to pick up the raw jersey milk..tomorrow.

Sam has another appointment with her clinical dietitian on Thursday. Does anyone have any questions for me to ask her? :)

eta: menu change

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks--I got tater cravings bad today, so I tried the jicama. It's great! I'd never tried it before and both my boys liked it raw and fried. I ate probably way too much but it was a crappy day. My mil passed away this morning--not unexpected, aggressive brain tumor--but still incredibly stressful. I'm so tired of emotion!

Breakfast--
eggs with sausage or bacon. I'm with you, bbh, it takes a lot for me to get tired of my fresh eggs!

Lunch--Ds had lunchmeat and cheese, some mayo and mustard. I had a can of salmon with mayo and mustard. Pickles.

Dinner--huge stir-fry. Pork, onion, garlic, little bit of carrot, cabbage, celery, bok choy, shrooms and red bell pepper. It was soo yummy!
dessert was jello with a nice splash of cream--really hit the spot.

snacks--I'm not remembering really well, I think nuts and string cheese? Oh, and the jicama.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. My daughter has been fighting brain tumors since she was 7. She is currently 16. It flat sucks all the way around. I'm so sorry for your loss. :hit