Grain/Gluten, Legume and Dairy free food ideas and sharing journal

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you. Saying a prayer for your daughter's health.

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So, I'm losing weight but my ds is showing a gain :/ He swears he's not cheating, and truthfully there's not much here for him to eat that's bad! He even told me he checked a can of chili and didn't eat it because it had too many carbs. I don't know, it's kinda discouraging for him. I think we won't use the scales for a few days and see what happens. We don't have a scale here, we use the one at the Y.

Breakfast
bacon and eggs with onion, shrooms, spinich--me
sausage and eggs--ds

lunch--Chix breast, cheese, pickle--me
turkey, mayo, mustard, cashews--ds

dinner
pork steaks, cauliflower for both and I had creamed spinich with onion, garlic, bacon! Yummy! Bummer the boy don't like spinich :D

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My dog got pneumonia, we weren't sure what it was yesterday so all I had was coffee and breakfast burrito. Did tons of crunches and sit ups to pass the time for vet updates lol. Oy.

Today:
Breakfast: banana and glass of milk

Lunch: egg w/ avo, green onion and cheese. Half glass of milk.

Stumped for dinner!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
donrae said:
So, I'm losing weight but my ds is showing a gain :/ He swears he's not cheating, and truthfully there's not much here for him to eat that's bad! He even told me he checked a can of chili and didn't eat it because it had too many carbs. I don't know, it's kinda discouraging for him. I think we won't use the scales for a few days and see what happens. We don't have a scale here, we use the one at the Y.

Breakfast
sausage and eggs--ds

dinner
pork steaks, cauliflower for both and I had creamed spinich with onion, garlic, bacon! Yummy! Bummer the boy don't like spinich :D
It is very possible that your son needs more carbs.
Every metabolism is different.
If I super low carb, I gain weight.

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
donrae said:

Breakfast
sausage and eggs--ds

dinner
is he doing weight lifting at all?..if he is building muscle he will gain lbs at first.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
How old is he again? He may be going through a groth spurt. We don't weigh around here, Sam only gets weighed at her numerous drs. visits--that is how we found out she lost weight. (BTW, the dietitian visit had to be rescheduled due to a icy and snow day here.) Are his clothes feeling better? How long have you been doing this 'diet'?

Ok, I didn't post yesterday's menu, but here it is in a nutshell:

B-eggs
L-avocado salad
D-spinach, nitrate free brats, mashed potatoes (made with organic potatoes, it was a splurge)
waters

today's menu:

Breakfast
eggs
water

Lunch
deli style salad (diced turkey and ham on top of a big pile of veggies)
water

Dinner plans:
maple and bacon sweet potato sausage soup--made with maple and bacon sweet potato chicken sausages, chicken stock and more sweet potato puree. I get the sausage from Costco, it is made by "Aidell's" and states the sausage is chicken sausage made from "harmone free chicken, no nitrates, msg or gluten".
water

Snacks:
crispy almonds

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I forgot to add that I got the raw jersey milk yesterday and used it to make the mashed potatoes. Everyone survived!! :celebrate I had a small glass this morning and so far so good.

eta: I got my hair did today and my friend the stylist (that is what he prefers to be called) shouted: "Girl! YOU SO TINY!!" when I walked in the door. :celebrate

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
eta: I got my hair did today and my friend the stylist (that is what he prefers to be called) shouted: "Girl! YOU SO TINY!!" when I walked in the door. :celebrate
WOOT! That's gotta feel great :D

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You should have your friend the stylist follow you around yelling that every few minutes! How cool!

Okay, for a while, then it'd be annoying.

My son is not lifting weights at all. He's 11 and I don't think he's spurting, that's usually accompanied by sleeping more and he's not.

I'm getting discouraged already and it sucks! I haven't been back to weigh but think I'm losing wieght, but I have food boredom already. I still feel hungrier than I remember being before, but the thought of eating whatever I packed for lunch gags me :( With everything else going on, maybe I'm crazy to do this now?

Maybe we need to liberalize carbs some, do more of a grain free diet vs low carb. It's just getting to the point where I'm worried about my boy's health and I so want to do what's best for him. But I also want tater chips and ice cream :rolleyes:

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
donrae said:
Maybe we need to liberalize carbs some, do more of a grain free diet vs low carb. It's just getting to the point where I'm worried about my boy's health and I so want to do what's best for him. But I also want tater chips and ice cream :rolleyes:
Frozen custard. It is lower carb if you make it yourself.

Also, lots of veggie chips you can do that are healthier than potato. Freem does french fried stuff a lot :)

You have to play with it. I'm grain free and fairly low carb. It changes by season, hormones, growth spurts....