Grain/Gluten, Legume and Dairy free food ideas and sharing journal

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Day 12

Picked up some Woodchuck and had a taste test. Mmmm!

We sorta grazed today, but I'll sort it into meals...

Breakfast:
leftover coconut pancakes
blueberries
water

Lunch:
nitrate free cold cuts
marinated vegetable salad
papya
water

Dinner Plans:
taco salad (we never had it yesterday b/c we got full on the superbowl snacks)
water

Snacks:
fried jicama slices--thank you Wifezilla, they were fantastic! I sliced them very thin and pan fried them in some (homegrown) sausage grease...ohmigosh! They tasted like home fries. YUM!! (I'm starting a jicama thread--they were that good!)

Treat:
68% dark chocolate covered raisins
-Sam said that it looked like a rabbit had come inside to eat her 'rabbit food'. :p Hey, there is a fun way to get your little ones to eat more salad, make a 'rabbit food' salad complete with rabbit poops. :gig

Our energy level is still very high. I quit drinking coffee two days ago, woo hoo!

Sam swears her tummy is flatter. I can see in her face that she is slimmer too.

My jeans are getting baggy. YEA!!!

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok BBH! I'm joining you, not for allergies, but because I put on a regular outfit and its tight. I mean I am pre-period and been eating TJs jojos...but I'm doing it! Only I will continue with nightshades (sans potato) and dairy.

Lifelong vegetarian/vegan turned paleo, are pigs flyoing??

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
MsPony said:
Ok BBH! I'm joining you, not for allergies, but because I put on a regular outfit and its tight. I mean I am pre-period and been eating TJs jojos...but I'm doing it! Only I will continue with nightshades (sans potato) and dairy.

Lifelong vegetarian/vegan turned paleo, are pigs flyoing??
Did you ever read Voracious?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
LOL! Is that how that stray pig ended up in my backyard?

I was raised by vegetarian parents that ate eggs and dairy, I think we used to call ourselves ovolacto vegetarians. We had a big garden, our own yard birds and fresh (raw) milk--it was easy to get back then in small town TX.

Then, in college I went vegan...and gained weight. :( I felt pretty bad too. I used to be a runner, then I just stopped wanting to run. Go figure!

Breakfast:
leftover coleslaw
hard boiled eggs
water

Lunch:
hamburger patties
sweet potato fries
water

Dinner plans:
Thai inspired coconut, curry seafood stew (with jicama subbed in as potatoes, cilantro, onions, tomatoes and fresh lime juice)

Snacks:
blueberries

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ok! planned out this weeks menu, I figured out I can "cheat' with almond, sunflower AND coconut flour :) I will be switching between the three for pancake/corn dog breading.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Yea for you! You know, it isn't that hard. :)

Two weeks into this: I had to tighten my belt today or my pants were going to fall down! Sam played outside all day after school. She NEEDS a belt b/c I got mooned all day! :lol:

This is my 4th (?) day off caffeine. I'm hanging in there. I started to drink herbal tea, to sorta warm up my hands and fake out my coffee drinking urges. Chai Tea with honey is a good sub.

Breakfast:
hardboiled eggs, dipped in dijon mustard
blueberries
water

Lunch:
nitrate free hot dogs
homemade bbq sauce
side salad w/ homemade dressing

Dinner plans:
TX style chili with ground beef and homegrown pork, lotsa bell peppers, onions, garlic and homegrown, canned tomatoes. OH MAMA!!
water

Snack:
none!

(hot caffeine-free, herbal tea around 4:00)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Please do! I was hoping someone would share some ideas for me...I think my breakfast ideas have fallen into a rut. :p

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:gig I eat egg variations every morning! If not then TJs honey nut O's...which are out of the question now.