Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I looked it up, it's the Cornelia Marie. That is so sad. I can't believe the guy was only 53. At least he was on shore, when he had his stroke!!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
DH just told me......I'm so shocked but you know they had warned him of this before so I guess on some level it wasn't a surprise. I hope his sons are doing alright, they were so close to him.....so sad, he seemed like a really good guy.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Capt Phil Harris

Rest in peace brother, thanks for sharing part of your life with us. We know as well as your sons that you loved them, and with that they loved you too. I am sure as you would look out to sea heading for the crab grounds, you saw mother earth at her best. I am also sure while working your saw her at her worst.

I will always think of you when I eat king crab legs!!

5951.jpg

41110.jpg

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Remember the lung scare? I was smoking back then and when I saw that DW and I began to start talking about quitting.

I had never seen anyone smoke cigs like he did, once he had two lit and didnt even know he was smoking two different cigs at the same time till the camera guy pointed it out to him. His self stress levels were off the chart, and he pushed himself way to far. I also think he took his job way to serous, living up to some image that in his mind thought was an idol.

I had an idol like that when I was a kid, Rambo, John J I wanted to be like him so much. The second film was Red Dawn, I had made my mind up, I needed to get away from my real father, so I joined the US Army. Not any more...

Few other fellows I like to watch on tv

superstock_253-215.jpg

grizzly-adams-1.jpg

Its a joke between a friend of mine, when we see each other, we look at each other and say " yooooooou hunt grizzzz?) Like the old man in the movie... what a hoot..... :lol:

ETA Capt Phil died WAAAYYYYYY to young, IMHO...... If I hadn't changed my diet 4 years ago, now I have quit smoking, I could have been dead at 53 y/o. I can only hope that my body can mend itself and I have no ill side effects like cancer from smoking all those years. My stress levels are about 25% of what his were, I rather chill and work things out as there going to fall, it is what it is and will be. Capt Phil smoked 2.5-4 packs a day.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I will miss Cpt Phil. COnsidering his stress levels, addiction to cigarettes and energy drinks, etc...I am not surprised, but it is still so sad. He was a tough as nails and I respect that.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
From what I hear your lungs start to heal themselves as soon as you stop smoking. Your dong better every day. :thumbsup

When my dh got cancer, from what I read, there were many other contributing factors. When the cells mutated into a tumor there were several types of carcinogens present. This is what they believe may cause the cancer. Smoking, poor diet, excess sugar(alcohol), lack of dental care. All things you can control and remove from the equation.

Cpt. Phil was in all around poor health. What was it he had in his lungs last year? And oh the stress could you imagine? May he be in a better place now. Resting calm.

gina

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
It ended up being some kind of blood clot or something.

Danielle and I were talking about him this morning, she reminded me of those caffeine booster drinks he use to slam down all the time. I am sure between smoking/caffeine/stress was the cause of his death.

If you think about it, changing your life to live longer is a powerful thing to do. I am so glad I understood what smoking was all about, to bad I wasn't wise enough to understand it before putting in that first dip/lighting my first cig to look cool. So 18 years of smoking behind me now, and if by grace I don't suffer from some ill affect from smoking, I will be lucky.

Now, being SS has educated me about my body like nothing else, the military taught me but not from a food/water/air point of view. Three years ago when I started to grow my own food, I started to learn what the food was doing. Even up until last fall, I am still under standing my bodies needs for better health, I look at what I was growing in my own garden.

When Freemotion started to talk more about food, it made me look at what I was growing as to the needs of my own body. Sometimes we need to read or understand a point of view in order to except the process to educate ourselves. Like smoking, once I understood the concept, I always knew it ill effects and stuck those damned things in my mouth, I stopped smoking. I miss nothing as there is nothing to miss. I do from time to time get a notion to smoke, like any long term habit, it will take some time for that to go away if it ever does.:hu

I have to go to my yearly physical today and I hope everything will be fine, although diabetes runs in my family I was still clear last year. My sister, 43 just found out she is diabetic, so I have some concerns. My blood pressure is normal, and I plan to start a routine this spring of walking to loose some weight and for my heart.

Since I started this SS thing, my diet has gotten so much better. Though nuts are full of fat, I eat the to help control my cholesterol as well as whole grains and drink lots of water. I even make better bread than you can buy in the store, well at least for less than half the price of buying it.

So, one word of advice, if your reading this and your smoking , your stupid and don't understand your killing yourself with every pack you smoke. Stop now before you get cancer, or you are unable to breath any more. Stop smoking now also makes you sexier as well as you smell better. If your a man and smoking, you look foolish putting that thing in your mouth.

Why did I just have that rant? I think I thought I just wanted a smoke just then, but I don't now. LOL :lol:

:yuckyuck

ETA fix something