Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The things i hated about Maryland>>>>> NOREASTERN

i lived there from 2004-2006 and had to go through the Noreastern and it was awful for a southerner

The apt complex would sprinkle this crap all over the steps and the sidewalks and it got on your shoes and tracked it into the house but then you walk in your apt barefoot and your feet felt like alligator skin after a week

You almost had to make a map of the parking lot and pin point where your car was parked otherwise you were sol in the morning hoping that you were not wasting your time clearing off someone elses car.

Then some people would not remove the snow from the roof of their car and as you were driving behind them you thought there was an avalanche that appeared from nowhere hurling right towrd you

Also never think if you only remove the snow from the driver windshield you are ok. At 50 mph here comes all the snow from the hood. Usually your wipers are frozen stiff so you are out of luck.

Dont have bad tires in the cold and snow or you will be washing your seats more than usual after almost plunging right into the back of someone else.

Never say oh gosh im going to bust my ass walking down these steps cause right after you say that guess what!!!!

Never slide down a slope with a cardboard box when there are trees at the bottom of the slope. Your butt will get frozen from the cardboard soaking up the water from the snow then you crash into a tree and it wasnt worth it.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
yup, All I can say to that is: yup, I agree. Too bad there are so many stupid people out there!!!! Because the rest of us have to live with them :he

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
About 2030 hrs a knock at the door, it was 2 below zero, Paul said he needed my help pulling some one out. Drove there to find a small compact two wheel drive car down in the ditch. A woman who was stand there with a 9 month old and 2 y/o had run off the road. I asked her why she was even driving in these conditions, her reply was " I was going to the store to get some cigarettes for me and my boyfriend" I said well you should have let him drive, she says "he was drunk and couldn't" I said "well you should have left the kids home" she says "I can't their not his babies and I don't trust him when he's drunk if the baby cries he might hit her" I just shook my head pulled her car out and followed her home.

As I got home, I got out of the truck, I thought "she doesn't trust him.... Idiot woman"

She was very young 19?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's just sad. There are so many things you/anyone could have said to her. But I guess it was not our place. You did a good thing helping her out of the ditch. I think it almost would have been better to call a state trooper. Let him see how she endangered her babies and have her explain to him why she was in this situation.

Just sad.

I would like to think she would learn from this experience. But probably not. :idunno

gina

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Jeesh! Like smokes are worth endangering your childrens lives!?? Living with a "male" that you cant trust with your babies!?? A DRUNK!!! UGH!! Some people just rub me the wrong way. Glad you was there to help her out tho.

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
286_kiraseldon.jpg

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I was pretty mad, after it sunk in. Than it hit me, why would a woman be with a man like that? Moving on.....

Did a good deed today :) I was headed to deposit my pay check when I saw a couple gals pushing their car to the side of the road. So being good fellow my mom raised me to be, and the kind of man my wife expects me to be. I pulled over to offer assistance. They told me they were out of gas, I said I would go back to the farm and I would get them some gas.

So I did and returned back, gave them about 3 gallons or so to get them to a gas station. She offered 10 dollars, I refused and asked her to put it in her tank and not to let it run down, especially in this type of weather. You know how I feel about karma, do good things, and good things will come back to you.

Like some of you, alerts went out this afternoon from storm watches to warnings. The main roads were pretty good, but there is no where else to put the coming 8-14 inches. Again, I am good to go and just needed to top my fuel tank off. I found a station that had some fuel, first one I went to was out.

I popped into target to get some organic milk, wish I had the camera, couldn't see a car or truck one in the parking lot. Once I got in behind the piles of snow the parking lot was full.... I couldn't even see the top of a truck or suv.

Today, I also did something I don't do very often as wild game should be left alone and fend for themselves. I put out some corn and 9% protein sweet feed. Just once in a while and never in the same spot twice. With all the snow, and coming of more snow, I thought I would treat them with some food. The plus side is that I am only making the meat sweeter.... :lol:

Deer tracks and my Muckmaster boots standing in the snow
P1011693.jpg
P1011695.jpg

Feed and the girls who hate the snow but still are camera hams... LOL
P1011692.jpg
P1011691.jpg

Now, back in the day after moving to the big city, there was a little sport I learned and becane very good that brought me one with mother earth, surfing... Back in them days the Betties (cute tanned beach girls) were plenty, me with a mohawk (stop laughing at me, I originally brought punk into style) a smooth golden tan and my Quicksilver wave cutter. Yup, back in them days I could be found hanging out with my dudes catching rays/waves. Evenings I was working or I was lifted (term used to describe what THC does to ones mind when using maryjane) with my GF or hitting on tourist chicks that thought surfers were sexy and make good out of town friends (I can neither confirm nor deny any action back in those days) while their BF were back home. :) I wasn't being naughty, well I was, but seee what the city does to properly raised country boy? I tell you it was culture shock, that's what it was, not my fault... :plbb

This reminded me of surfing, snow on the top of my shop.
P1011697.jpg

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's a nice breaking wave you got there. I can almost see the tube forming!!! I grew up at the beach and remember those boys with the mow hawks. They were looking for trouble!! ;) All I can do is smile and remember cause me and my Betties used to cause some major ruckus in our days. Like totally!! But shhhh don't tell anyone.

That brings back good memories!!

You sure are Mr. good deed lately. Lady Karma will be smiling down at you soon. :thumbsup

gina