Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I feel positive that my diet has been pretty good, the last time we ate out was when we went to the strip district. We don't like to eat out because you just don't really know what your putting into your mouth. I eat more grains/nuts than ever before as well as lean meat. I also am careful about how much cheese I eat and which types of cheese. I know I eat about 6 servings of veggies a day if not more. I have leftovers for lunch about everyday and add fruit.

However, sometimes, somethings, you just can't change. :clap Like bacon, there is no meat that can take the place of bacon, in the world. I also am careful about my meals during the week. Because I have been so ill, this week has been a rough one as far as food. So I feel a little better today, and decided I would have a meal with some fat in it. Sausage and bacon in the same meal.... :hide :ya

P1011702.jpg

However my sausage (pheasant and pork loin) doesn't contain huge amounts of fat, in fact has to be cooked in olive oil. The bacon, well it is what it is, but the peppers are stuffed with cream cheese and chives. :drool

The above meal was all prepared by me, the pheasant I harvested, pork/bacon I bought locally, I grew peppers, smoked the bacon myself, and I grew the corn and vac packed the same day I picked it. The sausage was the last thing I made and its been a couple months in the freezer.

I don't measure the sausage while making it, I tell DS that's good and he stops the stuffer. :woot

ETR link to you tube song...

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Yum!!! As far as eating sausage and bacon in the same meal, just add a little ham and you've got a trifecta! :celebrate

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
:hit

В молодой двадцать один год возраста Вы оставляете этот мир. Я желаю для вашей семьи только знать о хороших вещах, которые Вы разделили, в то время как Вы были с нами здесь на матери - земле. Имейте на мирном брате с матерью - землей. Люж на навсегда Nodar.... РАЗРЫВ

7q.jpg

Это была для Вас поездка целой жизни. :(

ETA tags

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Not often I see Russian nowadays......

Very sad he is gone at such a young age. What happened?

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:

В молодой двадцать один год возраста Вы оставляете этот мир. Я желаю для вашей семьи только знать о хороших вещах, которые Вы разделили, в то время как Вы были с нами здесь на матери - земле. Имейте на мирном брате с матерью - землей. Люж на навсегда Nodar.... РАЗРЫВ

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt169/modern_pioneer/7q.jpg

ETA tags
Translation:

"In young twenty-one year age you are keeping the peace. I wish for your family only know about the good things that you shared, while you were with us here at mother earth. Note on the peace brother with mother earth. L at Nodar ... forever."

"It was for you visit an entire life"

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
The Vail Benton's said:
modern_pioneer said:

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt169/modern_pioneer/7q.jpg

ETA tags
Translation:

"In young twenty-one year age you are keeping the peace. I wish for your family only know about the good things that you shared, while you were with us here at mother earth. Note on the peace brother with mother earth. L at Nodar ... forever."

"It was for you visit an entire life"
Translation correct dialect ;)

At a young twenty-one years old you are now at peace. I wish for your family only to remember the good that you shared, while you were here with us on mother earth. Be at peace brother with mother earth. RIP Nodar forever.

You had such a short visit in life.

Most dialects have been set aside and only the older folks use local dialects which often is spoken from habit during the cold war days. Although in and around Stalingrad there are 4 common different dialects still used today, as well as Moscow.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...h-on-luge-at-winter-olympics-115875-22039409/

I note that the Olympic Committee has copyright claimed the video, which should have been done from the start and it should not have been released. IMHO The days and times of the roman gladiators is over, are we so dull that we need to see a man die? My senses are not that dull and I am not numb to the feelings of sadness I feel for him and his family. :(

I think that man can only push his body so far, technology can place man further than he is physically able to preform.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Very tragic. Sadly, we saw it last night and I agree that they should not have shown his death. I think it is disrespectful to his family.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
My hubby grew up next to a family of bobsledders and lugers. One of his neighbors died in a luge accident. The really sad part is his older brother was an announcer and was commenting on the crash as it happened on live tv. He figured he would just get up because he had crashed before. It was part of the training. VERY dangerous sport, but these guys know the risks and love their sport.