Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe a "What do you have left and what will be sure to can more of this year" kind of thing.

Jay, Your find is awesome. Those banners could be used for so many things. :thumbsup

g

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Dace said:
Cool pics!

I love the onions in the panty hose :lol: great thinking!
Those were used and read that tip a few years ago in my book!! I hang my sweet onions like that because they keep longer. The ones that are wrapped and tied up are my more spicy cooking onions. I had only harvested half of my chili peppers, then a mouse broke in and ate the rest of them up over a couple days. Oh the mouse? Its dead now...

Yup, slim pickings for sure, but I still have loads of frozen veggies. I have peas/carrots/corn/stuffed bells/and some others. Yes you should start a pantry post your pics thread!! I'll post some others there!!! :)

My mom was short like you, and my father is 6'5" tall. I am almost 6'2" and my son well, bottomless pit and still growing... :rolleyes: :lol:

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe a "What do you have left and what will be sure to can more of this year" kind of thing.

Jay, Your find is awesome. Those banners could be used for so many things. :thumbsup

g
Yes, I have kicked that around pretty seriously this year, and during dinner this evening we discussed about what types of veggies we all liked. I was sad to learn that I am the only person in my house that loves Limas :hit those mixed with corn, yummy...

So I have to change my gardening plans a little to suit our needs more. Its no just gardening to show off or to eat some veggies. This is the real deal pioneering/SS kind of stuff. I don't think I have ever taken gardening so serous.

I am going to be putting up a fence this year and I am going to kill anything that tries to eat my food. :D what?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
TanksHill said:

g
I was sad to learn that I am the only person in my house that loves Limas :hit those mixed with corn, yummy...

I am going to be putting up a fence this year and I am going to kill anything that tries to eat my food. :D what?
Lima beans and corn... :drool MY FAVORITE!! Hubby will eat either or..just NOT mixed. wierd person! :lol:

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
justusnak said:
modern_pioneer said:
TanksHill said:

g
I was sad to learn that I am the only person in my house that loves Limas :hit those mixed with corn, yummy...

Lima beans and corn... :drool MY FAVORITE!! Hubby will eat either or..just NOT mixed. wierd person! :lol:
Succotash :drool

I'm the only one who likes it here too :barnie

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I didn't want to jinx a sweet deal that has taken me a few years for it come around. I am sure some of yuns are going to look at the following pics and say what is all the fuse is about. However these stakes are forming stakes for sheet metal work as well as blacksmith/coppersmithing. Although these stakes can be purchased, not all these are still made, and these are worth, including die plate, about $3,000.

Now the whole deal was an offer made to me by a fellow named Sam. Sam owns his own shop and has been around the metal business about as long as I have been alive. When I first saw the set, I wondered if he would sell them? So I asked how much if he was interested in selling them. He responded 800.00, which I couldn't afford at the time. As time moved on a few short months after I open my business back up after moving, I had the money. By that time, I am sure Sam figured what the cost of them were as well as the value in the current market.

I will be 40y/o this June, so my wife asked me what I wanted, and I told her the stakes. She said I should do a final follow up and ask him one last time. So I did, and I now own them!!

aa.jpg
a.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg
IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg
IMG_0357.jpg

Remember I mentioned my Artist side coming back out some weeks ago? Well this tool will be a much needed tool to complete those projects. Its like giving Picasso a paint brush!!!

So I am shaking my SS booty tonight!!! I have had these a couple days now, they were neglected and rusted up. I wire brushed them with a cup brush and painted them.

Please be happy for me!! :weee

SKR8 if you visit here, you know how I feel about these as you use dollies/dollys in your work?