Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I have NO IDEA what they are used for...or HOW they are used...but I am SO HAPPY for ya!! :weee Glad you were able to get them. Now, put em to use..and show us! ;)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Cool!

One of our neighbors moved in the middle of the night (lots of drama there) and let us have all his garden tools, I know how you feel! :celebrate

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Thanks, I am so happy.

I am thinking seriously about being in the Mother Earth News fair this year. I think it would be a bonus and allow me to show my Coppersmithing skills and how I make a living. I also will consider taking a photo album of my homestead. I think its important that folks see that how people like me make a living and I hope to be able to barter as well. So if you happen to come please stop by my booth!!

My big tractor broke down yesterday while tilling in some Alfalfa meal into my garden. Bummer as the funds will be taken from my SS fund.

The world is warming up and things are coming alive, I am starting to come out of my winter blues.

Last year I had a friend confide in me about his marriage, he had cheated and asked me for advice. I didn't take a higher ground, but I did strongly put him down for such behavior and how it has changed his life. So he had sent me an email with some other questions about the problem he created, I answered back. Before he got the email his wife read it. So that got me in the middle of his mess.

Its been over a year and his wife came over today and asked me about what was said as she suspects he is doing something again. I wondered if she really wanted to know the truth, and I honestly couldn't remember what he had said at the time. So that is something I want out of the middle of, advice???????

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Oh tough spot.

I would just firmly but graciously bow out.....I care about you both but when he came to me before for advice I found myself in hot water. I have learned my lesson and can't get involved. No matter what I say or do, someone will be angry with me. This is not my marriage, not my place to advise or converse about it.

Good luck!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
You showed us your pantry. You eat year round on the stuff that tractor helps produce. Fixing it is being SS.
At least the SS fund is there when you needed it.

If you aren't sure that he is, - Tell her that you don't know.
If you are sure that he is, tell them that you are staying out of stuff related to their marriage because it makes you too uncomfortable accidently getting stuck in the middle before.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I am just the kind of person that really doesn't like being told something or being in the middle of friends problems.

Well, I was talking to Albert about my tractor he mentioned that my model had a quirky problem since the days it was first brought out. Whenever the PTO is under power and it stalls, there is what he called back lash pressure on the starter. His advice was to remove the starter and than put it back on the the tractor and than try starting it. Well it worked fine and his word of mouth advice was free.

Held in the middle of the garden, with the pass days rain, the garden is a mud hole I was going to just leave the thing in the middle and get it out when it dries out, but I needed to clean out the burn barrel so we can get more burnable stuff in it. Its a once a year project.

Well as I was working it out, the front end swung around and the weight shifted and the front end came off the ground. By the time it hint back out the ground, I was still figuring out what just happened. I shortened the rear wheels from the center line last year, I think it would be wiser to move them out due to the slope of the field. I have been a little nervous after a small incident last year. I think it best to get that done.

The other morning I checked the cold frame and it seemed to be doing its job, and waiting to see some lil green stems coming up. I set up my tater baskets the other day, and have been making plans already to get them started. I will wrap them with plastic this time and will do a better job covering them in case frost comes early.

I am thinking of expanding the type of fish in my pond, after having the water and several soil samples taken. I am waiting for those results right now. I might farm raise some of my own fish to eat. So I think its taking SS one step further.

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MP

My grand dad had 5 ponds, on he kept stocked exclusively with channel cat. He fed them everynow and then, not full time, but we had fresh catfish whever we wanted, so IMO its definitly worth it.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Thanks TW I am looking into and that encourages me to keep moving in a positive manner.

IMG_0367a.jpg
IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0364a.jpg
IMG_0365a.jpg

What do you think of this post lamp? Though shown pink the glass is red, and is beautiful. This is a post lamp for your house or in your garden, I will be offering this in several different colors and I will be showing you those pictures as soon as I get more glass cut.

I peeped into my cold frame and I have veggies coming up!! :celebrate