Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
So I walked into the room where it all took place, and I saw things that I wish I didn't and how violent it must have been. Insurance will hire a clean up crew now as it is still untouched since the investigation took place.
that must have been devastating. i can't imagine how hard that would be. then again, knowing me, i'd want to see it and know it all. that way i could file it all away in my head and heart correctly. don't let it haunt you. just remember that what you see isn't them and they suffer no longer.

I noticed a huge difference of growing season from my own zone from here. I also made notice of the purple trees flowering.
those are probably red buds. they are spectacularly beautiful right now. coincidentally, that is the tree that my family always plants in memory of lost loved ones. there is something about that radiant purple that can't help but lift the spirits when you see it, so looking at them and thinking of those who are no longer here is a heart-warming feeling.

Jay, you stay in our thoughts. i hope that the days get a little easier and that peace finds you.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh J, my heart just broke reading about you seeing that. :hit I can't help but shed tears for you and your family. Know that you all are so loved here, and lots of prayers for peace and strength are around you now. :hugs

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thinking of you still :hugs

If you ever need anything, you can always email. When I lost my dad very suddenly last year, I was wrecked. I spent a lot of time watching Disney movies. Sounds stupid I know, but when your heart is broken, a happy fun movie can really take the edge off for awhile.
There were days where that was all I did.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I sure wish there were magic words to make it all better.

also sure wish there was email in heaven.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs It was hard when I lost my parents. All the things that go through your head. Should've done this or should've done that. You'll remember the strangest things. I felt so alone even with my family, but I don't know what I would have done without my dh. I can't imagine losing them like you did and seeing what you have. And family swooping in to grab whatever they can and being too hurt to be angry.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
:hugs You know you have lots of friends here for you. Glad your wife is with you there. Having a good relationship like that makes bad times more bearable.
Interesting timing to see that bear. ;) It fits.