Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I am holding up okay, or as to be expected giving things. I feel that my life has changed in great ways already, and moving a little too quickly for this SS guy right now. I miss home and my dog/cat/chickens and the fresh air that often rolls down the hill this time of year.

The service for the folks will be Monday at 1200 hrs and funeral will be at 1300. Present will be the military as well as honor guard.

I took in the cool morning breeze this morning and let the moist air just blow on me. Before I came in this evening, I let the sun shine on my face.

I want to keep some of the same things I do everyday because it makes my soul feel comfort. I decided things here wouldnt be good for the kids so they are staying with a family friend, and I miss them dearly even thou I tell them good morning/night everyday when we look at their photos.

When we return home first proto call will be to seek grief counseling as to learn how to deal with these matters for all of us.

I am angry because my Earthday was taken away from me this year I had planned to do a big spread thread that was filled with some of the most beautiful pictures of place in the world. I spent years collecting them, but will do next year.

I am eating processed junk and it doesn't set well with me and sometimes makes my stomach hurt. I was happy to go to bojangles today for some comfort food, I miss that greasy fast food dive!!

When I went to the funeral home to pay for their services, Lindas brother offered to pay for my dads. I thanked him, and declined but pulled out a card and handed it over for payment. So there clicking away was my dads last days on earth, not shocked by the amount, it seemed feeble figures for the love I have for them.

Crying is s form of emotion based hurt we feel, I believe its part of healing ones soul and it sends messages to others that your hurting inside. With deep gasps of air/tears rolling down my face, my soul heals a little more. It feels almost like trauma instead of hurt feelings. So instead of focusing on the pain, I find good things in the world to think about like the flowers. As all of you know, its a roller coaster ride.

I have removed prior post due to Gag order that was announced yesterday in this case.

I continue to be smoke free and don't need that crutch to bring my spirits down. ( see how happy I am about how I quit smoking the killer weed (tobacco) )

Thanks for the well wishes in my time of need, your all very wonderful!! :hugs

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Jay when you get home and you feel up to it, you should post the beautiful pictures you had planned for Earth Day. I would love to see them, even a bit late. Thinking of you and yours. :hugs

Gina

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yep, from where I sit, every day is Earth day. How about a picture a day to sooth all of our souls? I'd love it, personally. Think about it. I can wait a year if that is what you'd like to do.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I wanted to chime in with Tank. I would still enjoy looking at any pictures you post. I think it's important to remember the earth on more than just one day.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
That was a great idea and you take good pictures. I' 'll wait if I gotta, but . . . I wouldn't mind stretching earth day for a while to see them.
Will you be back home in time for Beltane? That's a good day to get, ahem, "destressed".
BTW- Still staying off the cigarettes :thumbsup Glad you didn't go back on that crutch. They're not worth it. :smack

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:bun I don't know what to say exactly....glad you didn't go back to the smokes....all will be well with time :hugs

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Just keep hanging in there, I know it is all very difficult, the pain will start to ease up at some point. It is just hard to deal with such a horrible tragedy. It sounds like you are doing a great job or trying to stay somewhat balanced.

We are all thinking about and praying for you and your family. :hugs