Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Well to say my dad committed himself to a task when he felt he was wronged, if he were wrong he would amend his side and make things right. He raised me and taught me to do the same.

So lets talk cow?!?!

While driving one night they hit a cow. They ddn't know whos cow it was, they called police, the cow was put in nearby fence/pasture. Next morning said cow was gone, disappeared so Dad wanted to sue the farmer for damage. Farmer claimed it wasn't his cows because his are milking not angus.

So Dad files lawsuit and takes his time to make charts, measurements and so on. As an X cop you can imagine how well he prep for his case, dresses up ready for his trial in court. He pleaded his case only to have it thrown out and he was mad.

So he decided to write his Senator to explain how unjust he felt as I found the hand written letter today.

His insurance deductible was a mere $250.00 I think, so why go through all the trouble/hassle? Well he felt he was wronged and he wouldn't let you get one over on him. Personally? Me? If I missed the chance to slaughter and eat the cow, then yes, I would have done something meat cost a lot of money and 250 bucks for 600 pounds of good meat sounds like a good deal to me.

I don't have many of this on my laptop and they are on my main computer at this time, however I d have two beautiful flower pics to share.

Contrasting-Beauty.jpg

summer_flowers.jpg

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The first picture reminded me of growing up in England. Near a town called Lavenham, there are fields and fields of lavender. It was used back in the middle ages to create purple dyes which were profoundly expensive during that time. It's so beautiful.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Cute story MP. It shows your father had character and was one as well.

I love that second picture. The color blue reminds me of my baby girls eyes when she was first born.

Thank you for sharing.

gina

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Thank you so much, MP, for sharing your story and your beauty. Lavender is my favorite fragrance; I only have three little plants, but I brush by it on purpose just to smell it.

I made you photo my wallpaper. Wish it were scratch and sniff.

Been following your journey prayerfully.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lovely pictures Jay.

Still thinking and praying for you and yours. I wish I knew what to say other than that, but it seems nothing else fits.

God Bless.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Greta story about your dad, keep all those great memories close to your heart and pull them out when you have a hard day.

The pictures are beautiful! I love the combo of the lavender & the lone sunflower.....stunning combo!