Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I hope you stop in often. We'll still be here and eagerly waiting for your posts.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey J. I just wanted to stop in to say...we are all still praying for you and yours. I had to go back a few pages and read, as I seems to miss the part about your DD's arm. Wow, hope she is healing well.
As for the spirits...yes..I DO believe. Being Native American, I know my family is still with me...even tho they are not phisically with me.
This is a very busy time of year for us all...but I hope you come back often. I miss ya lots! How is that walking stick coming along?
Take care Jason....be strong when you need to, and let go when you HAVE too! Grief is hard to handle sometimes. One minute we are OK with it, another minute we are angry/sad all over again. When you feel the anger, go for a long walk in the woods...scream, yell...break sticks.... it works. :hugs

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hey Jason :frow

Glad to see your journal back up....I hope that is a sign that you are beginning to recover if only a tiny bit :hugs

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hi honey, I hope you and your family are starting to heal.....I know it is a long and hard process but hopefully everything will be better soon. We miss you, :hugs

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey Jay!! Good to see you. I hope your family is well. :frow

How about some garden updates. I had potato basket failure AGAIN! :he
But I do have some plants in the raised beds and buckets. :fl Still hoping!!

g

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
As it is my life has taken a different path now, and the only control or thing I can do is live my life as intended and keep up with doing my little part on earth and help those around me. The method/brutality way they were killed is beyond any understanding from any human on earth. I have decided to set that down before God and allow him to have his way with this monster. I am clear in mind that I/Dad/Linda/Sandy didn't cause the outcome or their deaths, Sandy is my 1st wife.

I will never mention to much more about this matter for many reasons, but I will not let that SOB redirect my life anymore than he has already. I loved my Dad and Linda, she was a good friend to me and loved my kids like a Nana does.

Thank you all for the prayers and kind words, I have missed you all and now a part of me has returned to how I use to live.

My garden plans have slowed, and now I am on it just as soon as the weather breaks. Tater baskets are in, producing nice green plants. Gina, are you using seed taters? I have never known anyone, well (Wanda) had bad luck with it, maybe its climate? I used this method in VA and it worked out for me okay. I will be sure to take some pics later today if it isn't raining.

Plants are ready to go in the ground and I do plan on getting some in as the weather will allow.

Pool is cleaned, up and running, tad cold even with solar heaters on. It will warm up soon enough and I might consider getting one more solar heater this year.

Kids are doing great and happy to be out of school. Given the problem, we all are visiting with doctors to helps us process these matters. I am aware how children can hold in feelings if their parents aren't ready to help them. Those feelings in return come out in more negative ways.

I have been meaning to get my fence in this year as the deer have eaten my Brocc all the way down. So I hope to get that done by the end of this weekend.

I hope to get in some fishing this year as we missed trout season. I would like to catch some crappie and yellow perch to add to the fish in my own pond. I like to eat both, and blue gills are starting to get old. I also want to do some musky and walleye this summer. I know a nice spot for pike, some folks won't eat pike because they don't know how to clean them to get the meat. I slit them down there back fin facing up, than from the side, removing the tenderloin. This meat make great fish nuggets. I have fried the fish, put it in a pan, cover with spaghetti sauce and some cheese, bake for 15 minutes, than broil til cheese gets toasty brown. Served with buttery egg noodles!!

I love ice tea, I should drink it year round!!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
It's funny, but this morning as I was waking up, I thought about you. I decided to go online and check to see how things were going with you. You are always in my prayers

About the deer getting your broccoli. I used to work for small family wineries. They usually have problems with the deer eating the roses and other ornamentals that grow around the tasting rooms. One gardener told me her trick to stop the deer from eating the roses. She takes and egg and puts it in the blender with lots of water. She then takes this liquid and sprinkles it on the roses with her hands. She kept the leftover liquid in the fridge. This was the only winery that had nice roses on the grounds.