Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Crafting season has begun.
No kidding. I joined a craft swap on www.craftster.org to help get me motivated. I spent the last week making Buffy the Vampire Slayer themed items for my swap partner.

MP, that trivet sounds interesting. Got a picture?

And your post reminds me, time to harvest the cilantro. It's trying to bolt again :p

It sounds like you are working things through in a productive and constructive way. Big hugs.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Free food is ALWAYS good, and I am willing to bet that whoever receives the trivet will be thrilled as well.

Your fireplace project looks like it started out on the right foot.....sledge hammer in hand! Can't wait to see what color/kind of stone your putting back up.

I still dream of the day we can have fireplace. It will take some major re-modeling to put one in this house.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
When you get done with your fireplace you wanna come finish mine....:lol: Hubby and I still haven't got all the trim molding up or gotten it painted OR gotten the wiring for the new outlet done yet either. :rolleyes:

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Raising Hope, what a hoot!!! :lol:

I promise the fireplace thing is going good, and will share some pics soon!!!

Did I mention the new front door?.....

I did read that Farmers said that we would be 3.7 degrees warmer this year on average!!!! :weee

Did I mention the windows on order?

Yup, I gotta get those done too!!

One of these days I am gonna have more time to post, ole man winter is coming soon!!! :barnie :frow

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was watching Raiseing Hope last night too! What a cute show, I laughed so hard.
New door and windows? NICE! We need to do the same thing, however, will have to waite untill next year.
I can't waite to see the progress on the fireplace. :)

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
So I installed the front door today... I picked it up, did away with the front door, and it was not the color we had picked. But decided in my feeble mind that it would be just right and did a hail mary rip out of the original 1966 front door... This before I unwrapped/uncreated the new Oker colored door. Yup it is Oaker/Oker or perhaps a burnt golden rod color... :sick

What? I haven't blamed anyone but myself at this point or any other point.... I wouldn't have made this choice of color, nor would any one else in this house, it just arrived this color and it isn't nice.

I did close the pool today, and the dry wall guy called and said he had lost a couple jobs and was ready to work on ours.

SO I went to the box store and pulled a few strings, lets see that completed...

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think we used to call that color putrid yellow, or maybe turkey turd yellow. Guess you're gonna paint it.

Reminds me of the time I picked out a paint color for our dining room. When we started putting it on the wall it was a faded out army green. :sick (No offense to our wonderful soldiers wearing army green)

I took it back and they said they couldn't refund my money. I told them that's all right, just give me back the can and I'll pour it all out across the front of the store. He kept telling me the color was right and I told him no one in their right mind would pick out a color like that. Either re-do it or clean it up off the floor.

I got my right color and it looks nice. :ya

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I did get the supplies delivered today to do the dry wall, and had to use my new truck as it rained the past couple days. The yard is a mud hole and the lowes moffet fork lift did get stuck..

Oh yes, I did get the Toyota Tundra, the Crew Max cab, Mica Spruce Green, I admit the only thing GREEN is the paint job. I needed a working truck, traded in the Hummer. It is a 2011 model and is in good working order. I did get the higher 5.7 with the complete TRD package and some other extras, that are offered with the SR5. SO it is a nice truck.

A heads up to Jim, its coming home next week...

Mark, my buddy and friend has cleaned and dropped off some Fungi he harvested, Sheeps Head...

Tommy was hard and heavy last year, and the last couple years on the Fungi Front. Mark has done a little more this year, as Tommy has stepped back. I expect Mark has understood the relationship that hasn't developed between Tommy and I. No lost tears there, when some one like him needs a friend, it's when he needs a friend. Mark and I have matured far beyond that stage and our relationship is built solid. As you might guess some issues have come around, but nothing major.

LOL... Even the squirrel was scared stiff!!!

IMG_1726.jpg

Just kidding......

You decide..... Well its not an option, but we will wait until the living room is done to change the color. Looks good with the lights....

IMG_1724.jpg
IMG_1725.jpg

I did complete the copper wall as well, and the door looks perfect with the lamp outside.