Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Jay - that stone is wonderful - your place is coming along well. It's has such an air of peace and tranquility. I probably wouldn't ever get any work done there - I'd be out strolling in the woods, kicking leaves, listening to the birds and the sounds of little feet scurrying around through the underbrush. My dad used to fuss at me because I always walked looking down at the ground. I'd say, "But daddy, if I look up all the time, I'd miss these tiny beautiful flowers."

I'm afraid to start any remodeling around here. We remodeled the bathroom once and it took 3 weeks. Our new tub wouldn't go in the door and they had to take out the dining room wall to get it in place. Then hubby discovered the wall wasn't straight and that had to be fixed - but I got a new dining room out of it, so I guess that's ok.

I keep after him to gut and remodel my kitchen, but I'm not sure we should be working together around kitchen knives and cast iron frying pans. :lol: :gig

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Love the fossil stone. Can't wait to see the finished pics.
Everything sounds like it coming together.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I actually really like the color of your front door, I think it brings the colors around it out. I also love the style of your front door, very nice!

I bet the fireplace will look awesome with that stone and then the fossils being the centerpoint, that fossil in the stone is cool, I have never seen anything like it.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
Very cool! I used to have a bunch of stones with fossils that I found at my uncle's place in Corning NY. My mom threw them away when I was in college. Grrrrrr. What I could do with them now!!
Your mom and mine must have had a talk. Mom threw a lot of my fossils out too, when I went to college, including what I thought might be a dinosaur egg :rolleyes:

That stone looks great! I love your place, it looks so serene.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Well there is something to be said about the finishing of new projects Lori, though I only stood around and took out trash today finishing of the new windows was completed. A few things I am worried or don't like is the bracing under the largest picture window ever made, and I should of had the kitchen window made larger because I lost glass area. I wish I would of done the windows sooner, but they were part of the forth years plan as other projects demanded more attention like food.

I am sitting in my dry wall jungle, but snug as a bug in a rug. I know that these projects are going to make my life feel more complete at least they will save me money on heating cost. The window guy rated my old windows at r-6 and my new windows are rated at r-30. I still have extra wood to split just in case we have a like winter as we did last year.

The window in the living room, the bay window has made the room seem two feet larger and has added a home like feeling (if that makes sense) and some modern folks say bay windows are out of style and look awful. I think it looks great and has brought in tons more lighting. I feel like I have just brought more of the outside inside (if this makes sense to)

IMG_1835.jpg
IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg
IMG_1843.jpg

I have the flowers to get planted, a storm door to put back on, and as you can see, a fire place to build. Oh and I have the ceiling to paint. The flowers were a gift from me to the wife.

Oh and the bay window is 10 foot wide!!! :ep

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The window looks great Jay!!! I love it. Which direction does it face? I am sure it will let in an amazing amount of light.

Keep up the great work.

G

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Jealous! Can you come here and do our windows??? I'll teach you all about goats, and in the spring, send you home with some! ;)