Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is so nice. We have a dear friend who does wood carvings out of stumps and logs. His are mostly of Indians , but he did one of a fish (out of a black walnut stump) that looked like if was jumping up in the air to catch a bug.

MP maybe Old Man Winter won't be as rough on you this year with him standing on guard.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I moved 24 tons of top soil yesterday, DS and I raked the soil to shape the top of the surface. For the last few years the dead under growth of the pine trees was just there making the place look ugly. It wasn't till a fire fighter told me a story about a house fire that started after a ciggie butt was tossed/flicked under some pine trees and started a huge fire did I decide to remove the dead under brush.

I also added more soil in a couple different locations, as I have a few plans in the making.

IMG_1640.jpg
IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg
IMG_1645.jpg

Love the sun set over the mountain
IMG_1638.jpg
IMG_1636.jpg

I decided to trade my Hummer in this year, however, I am not doing something that would be considered to be green or in the best interest of Mother Earth. I have struggled with my choice, but need a working truck.

After dropping 4k for a new tranny last spring, I knew hualing the big trailer was the cause of it failing. My Hummer is only rated to haul 2 tons, and it failed several times during long hauls over the past few years.

I decided to purchase a Toyota Tundra which is 80% American made. I decided that we would need a crew cab and this time a color of my choice. I wanted a green Hummer but couldn't find one when I purchased mine. Green is my color of choice.

I have started the trail through the woods, I am sure it will be a 2 year if not more project.

DW went to the farmers market, a new local only market to purchase soe good eats. I am going to go next weekend, she said it was great!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Great job on the pine needles. They sure can get messy.

Congrats on the new truck. The Tundra sounds great. I have been eyeing the Tacoma Double cab. I think it will be my next vehicle of choice. But even the used ones aren't cheap. :idunno

Your trail through the woods sounds like it will be a wonderful place. I can't wait to watch your progress.

I have been visiting my local farmers market. Buying seconds on the tomatoes. It's a good place for veggies but a bit over priced.

Oh, hows the beef??? :lol:

g

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Very nice work under the pine trees. :thumbsup

Looks like that is a BX 22 or 2300 tractor you got there. Nice choice. I use my 2200 for EVERYTHING around here. Saturday I mowed the yard, then put the loader on the front and the post hole auger on the rear and drilled 12 new holes for fence posts. Got them finished up and switched the auger for the 4 ft tiller, and tilled up the back yard where the shed used to set, to prep it for seeding. I also use a chipper/shredder for cleaning up brush.
Pushing cars and/or snow, pulling old fence posts out, scraping the drive in the winter, garden prep in the spring and fall, moving dirt or gravel, you name it, that little tractor does it without complaining one bit, and it just sips fuel.
I :love my Kubota.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That looks great Jay. I have always wondered how people keep from haveing fires with all those pine needles. I know around my place, we seem to attract lightening strikes. its wierd I tell ya! EVERY storm, we get hit here at least once...most times more that that. Nope, I dont want to take a chance with pine needles. Cedars work well for me. :)