Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
So yesterday evening I answer the phone, "can I speak to McLovin?" I said "what" and they repeated, and I said they were rude and said not to call here again. I asked the kids whos friend called here and asked for Mclovin.

Joshua, my son laughed and said it was his friend, and McLovin was a person on TV. Okay I will buy that, he called his friend back... Kids...
McLovin
SuperbadMclovin.jpg

Joshua
IMG_1879.jpg

I decided to put my tree of life lamp in the bay window just to share its beautiful glow in the bare room just dry walled living room.
IMG_1881.jpg

The OT project I finished today, a copper dome range hood, darker body, Tuscany, with lighter straps, Lombardy, for a client in New York City. I also finished another patina on a HUGE craftsman style range hood today. I was the original designer of that style hood that I know of and it took a personal spin with the design and hand hammering. I will share a photo of that project next week, its very pretty.

In my trade, or maybe just me, I like to use the word "sexy" I often use that word to describe how a hood looks. Although that word is often related to humans, remember how much I love what I do. Some times copper range hoods look sexy to me. DW often climbs above the range when I call her sexy.... :p But if you could see and feel the ones I call sexy you might better understand.

This one isn't sexy, nice, and pretty for sure, but not sexy...

IMG_1869.jpg
IMG_1858.jpg

Wow was it warm today, warm almost enough that I was going to stopping working and work on the homestead. I am worried about the bulbs I planted just a week ago and wonder if warm weather will kill them. Hmmmmm......

We got our four yearly shoe box full of goodies completed today. DW and I have been doing Operation Christmas Child for many years now. I do some of the shopping and DW really gets most of the credit...

IMG_1878.jpg

I have some plans to work around the land tomorrow, getting a small flower be started and completed as well as the last mow of the season. I look forward to church as well as our church group meeting tomorrow evening. We are studying the book The Story, which puts 1/3 of the bible in chronological order from the different books.

I always thought that God was pretty quick to smite Moses, giving their relationship together. I laughed when God told Mose he didn't want to go with him and man because he might kill man because he was angry at us for our sin. When Mose arrived on the mountain and saw the promise land, God killed him for a simple mistake of tapping the rock instead of speaking to it....

Its movie night and the pack has returned home from winter jacket shopping. The only time during the week I treat myself to some popcorn!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
YAY for Operation Christmas Child!!! I'm doing those too this year :) It's a great thing to support!

I finally finished reading this monster thread today too :lol:

ETA: Chronological Study Bibles are awesome study tools too. Never heard of that book The Story, may check that out.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Your copper work is so beautiful! I think copper is the most "alive" and sensual of all of the metals. Beautiful!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
McLovin huh??? Boys. :lol:

The Tree of Life fits nicely in your new window. The range hood also looks great. I can't wait to see the other. Be sure to post pictures.

g

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
597957-R1-031-14.jpg

The path or walk way leading down to the barns, I was 9 when I helped Mom plant the flowers..

597957-R1-049-23.jpg

This was the slaughter house, the same place where Mom made her Scraple and she sold it by the half ton....

597957-R1-027-12.jpg

What is left of the grainary or place where grains where mixed to feed the hogs. Upstairs are big bins, and the shoots down stairs allowed the grains to mix for feed...

I am not ready to walk away from what are my roots....

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BEautifull work J. And, those boys are very handsome!!! McLovin...too funny. Boys will be boys! :p
Love the range hood. It reminds me of an old steamer trunk. Your lamp looks great in the window... "sigh" .... I love that window!
Sounds like you have been keeping busy there... winter is kicking at our heels...wont be long now!;)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The old farm looks really neat a lot of history in those buildings. Is it up for sale? Are you thinking about another project? :)

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
Sorry - can't type well enough. I've got tears in my eyes...
me too - could hardly finish reading your post - what I wouldn't give to talk to or see my Dad again

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Yes the land is up for auction and I met with the asbestos removal company today. I also met with a contractor who can save the grainery. As you can see the rest of the barns have finished falling down, and the acreage is much smaller and it now sits on 62 acres. WOW!! I almost fell over when the asbestos removal cost was 35k up front. I spoke with the auction company several times and there is another interested party. But in order to balance the removal with the cost of the property will need to be done.

If I decided or got the property, a log cabin home would be built, I'd live here till the property was ready and move there and sell this. I would expect this property to sell just fine as I have done loads of upgrades and made the property edible as well as prettier. Solar/wind power and I would finally be off grid. However thinking of starting everything all over is tough to swallow....

No superbad here, his friends just said that, perhaps they have seen it.

The meeting with my Dad was as I said, I have not seen ghost, nor have I had something like this happen before. He had never visited me here after I moved from VA. It was a couple hours from what I remember, and some of the conversation was lost even though I wrote some notes down to remember our conversation. To be honest with you, I am not sure what to make of it or out of it other than he wanted to speak with me. One thing, he wasn't over the top with emotion as we spoke. He never seemed to upset or emotional during our visit together.

I never had a visit from my birth mother or anybody else in my life. I would expect that she would have come to visit with me if she could. However I am not sure what to make of it other than it was something he had to do.