Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I'm glad that kids Dad got smart finally. People need to think first, before they leave ANY kind of guns where kids are around. They aren't toys.
Post pics when that peace sign is growing. I bet it will look beautiful.
Nice range hood. Even though your work is usually made to be functional- you always make it elegant too. Great job. :)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
We have a guy in the county that planted daffodils in the field next to the road that said "NO DUMP" during the debate over whether or not to make a new dump site in the county. They voted it in anyway and they are still there.....saying "NO DUMP" every spring... :lol:

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Its a party in here because I have been smoke free almost a year, as of Monday it will be one year!! Nothing to it after the 6 days of drama, after that I was done on the road to recovery!!

I have saved $3285.00 this past year, and saved my lungs from tar and the stinky smell of being a smoker.

Who knew how bad I smelt when I smoked? Dad did and he always reminded me of how bad I stunk after smoking. I often can't stand the breath of a smoker around me or near me. Barf-o-city.

You can quit smoking in 6 hours, if I can do it, 6.3 million other people around the world you can too!!!!

I have tried to turn my life around since my Dads murder, get back on track or in the direction it was in. It is very hard, but I can assure you that it is coming back slowly and I am healing as time allows.

I got the wall sconces up today, and still have not finished the fire place, but that is in the plans in the next couple weeks. I should have it finished in 7 hours or so and I need to take the mantel to the saw mill for a added home grown touch...

My back is sore from splitting a cord of wood yesterday and that completes my last load of the year. I got the wood pre cut for $50 it is twisted maple and seems to be good to burn, better than the free cherry I got from the top of the hill last year.

Every one else here on the homestead is doing good, and I find great strength in having such a close family by my side. I am afraid I have lost Dales friendship over his son shooting at me, but he needs to get beyond that I feel and doubt he will. But one truely never knows do we.

Are you ready for winter???? Won't be long now!!!!!

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Congrats on the smoking! that's awesome!

As for winter I'm never ready for that... I hate the cold... can't wait for spring! hahaha

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I am trying to quit smoking too. Not doing all that great, but I'm stubborn so it's bound to happen some time :p

It stinks to lose a friend, but...that darn kid needed to be taught something.

My great aunt never would punish her boy for anything. She always said "if I see him do it, I will punish him." He was a little angel around her of course, so he was a major little tyrant everywhere else. He would sit in the road and thought it funny that what few cars came by(1950's) had to go around. The neighbors all told her what was happening, and her response was same as always "if I se......" Long story short, drunk driver killed him. He was about 10.

That boy of Dale's has got a long hard road ahead, hope it's not too bad on him. It is sad to see that kind of child abuse. Feeding and clothing is not good enough. Teaching and loving them enough to tell them to straighten up is. Sometimes that means punishment. Not the kids fault. Dale has a charachter flaw. He has consistently clocked out early from his dad job. Not sure you need friends like that anyway.

Well, that's just my perspective, and my opinion. Take it how ya want ;)

BRING ON THE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm. ready. :D

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
nn6s87.jpg

Happy one year anniversary on quitting! And many more!!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
PARTY LIKE ITS 1999~~~ :lol:
Congrats on the stopping smoking!! One day...I plan to do the same. :rolleyes:
We went today and got more firewood as well. Filled the 1 ton truck, and my S10. I think we have 15 ricks now. Whew! I am pretty sure we have enough....but the guy we get it from wants us to come back and get more. There are about 4 more truckloads over there. Well, If we keep it covered, it should be OK.
As for Dale......Wannabefree said it best...Dale has a charachter flaw. He has consistently clocked out early from his dad job. Not sure you need friends like that anyway. I agree.
I can't waite to see the pics of your finished fireplace. I just know it will be as beautifull as all your work. What a lucky wife and family you have!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Congrats!!!!!! Whoo Hooo!!! Good for you!!!! :clap :weee

It amazes me how people who smoke think they don't smell. I can smell cigarette smoke form a half block away, and driving behind someone smoking. Yuck, that's the worst. :sick

Glad to hear all is well, keep up the great work. :thumbsup

g

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
My neighbor smokes, but won't smoke in her house. Instead, she sits on her front porch. Guess where the smoke ends up? :/