Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
We were up early this morning, not to shop but to have a warm breakfast before going to the annual xmas parade in our small humble community.

I put on the beanie Gina made, bundled up in some winter seasonal clothes and out into the cold blustering wind we went. As we made our way from our church parking lot to main street we passed by our high school band team who were freezing cold.

Hot cider in hand, kids had hot coca, we found a spot out of the heavy breezes to view the parade.

This one I found made me LOL!!!
0912_the-float-is-ready-redneck-santa-float-demotivational-poster-1260223885.jpg

Main street this morning!!

1126001039.jpg
1126001010a.jpg

1126001027.jpg
1126001035.jpg

Here are some lost photo graphs that I was able to finally recover from a cell phone of mine that had software problems.

These two were taken while Geo Caching, about 1 mile or so into the woods on the side of a mountain. I remember the hike in as we had to stop and rest several times. I was grateful for the cache because it was in a neat hiding spot.

My hiking stick and where I found the bugger, DD recovering it!!

0509001602a.jpg
0509001603.jpg

Now the next couple are here because, well, although I like canned food of my own and some store bought stuff. There are some things that should never be canned, here are two examples.

0416001550.jpg
0314001859.jpg

Potato salad and pancake batter? Huh?!?!?!!!?!!!?!!!!

Touching the "kid in me" while on vacation, DS and I were trying on hair hats. I should have bought this one.... What do you think?

kewlhair.jpg

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol: Nice!!! It actually looks like it could be your hair. I don't think the beanie would fit over that mess though.

I love the look of the small town parade. So much fun.

:)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol: LOVE the hat! You definately should have bought it! :gig
Our small town has a parade coming up soon as well. Being we are a RR town, they set up a short ride..."Christmas Express"It only goes to the next town, then backs up back to our town. All the kids love it. I might have to take my grandson this year...Woohoo, I have a kid to take me! I mean, to take. :D
Loved the deer head float. What a hoot!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:lol: I can just imagine how some people would react to that float!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I'll have you know that certain members of my family are addicted to Read's German Potato Salad. Not mentioning names... :hide

That is one cool cache! We're headed out tomorrow if the weather cooperates!