Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:hugs

Rants are good, gets things off your chest. It helps to vent, makes you feel cleansed in a way.

Glad to hear business is going well. It sounds like your doing great. No smoking!!! It's been a year, you certainly don't need it now. :old

I love the music. The young man is very talented. I can't figure out how he made so much music on that second song, just amazing. I liked his version of No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley. Thanks for sharing.

You know there's one thing I have taught my children, my husband now that's a work in progress. Repeat after me "Momma is always right". :lol: OK maybe not always but it's just best they learn it young.

Glad you stopped in. Good to hear from you.

g

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow MP
:hit
tough to read and must be so hard to live thru for you....hold strong!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
J....thanks so much for shareing the talent of Tony Haven. As I sat there listening to him play..I felt comfort. I was just haveing a few bad days here myself. I guess with the holidays and all. Remembering my son...his laughter...his smile..and how that boy could eat!! :p I miss him coming to me, bending down to kiss my forehead and saying..." good job momma, im stuffed"
I know you and I both struggle with these things...but we are strong. Our family needs us to be. I take my time to grief...either in the woods..or the barn..holding one of the lambs. Angel loves to lay in my lap...and just snuggle. I can bury my face in her wool...and cry...and she lets me.
We will be OK...maybe not today, or next month...maybe a few years from now..the pain will lessen...but..we will be stronger for it.
Your Thanksgiving tradition is wonderfull...and so deep in faith. I love that. Thanks for shareing it with us all.
Glad to hear you had record sales!! Way to go! I wish we were closer because then you would have even higher "record sales" but then I would be broke! LOL I love the work on the stove hoods! I dont even have a hood over my stove...but would love to have one..some day.
Before I go, let me say to you my friend.... Stay strong to your faith...hold your family close with your heart... and smile at yourself in the mirror at least once a day.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Sounds like you'll get plenty of use out of that snow plow. Have fun. :D
40 pounds of food is a very nice gift. Friends that look out for each other are a treasure. You considered moving to the other house, but it sounds like you have a nice home already and a good life where you are.

Drugs during pregnancy can make some really bad results in the young one's brain. Doctors might be able to figure out how to make the biochemistry more normal, but I would not count on him cooperating well. Going off the meds later would be likely, because our "Normal" would feel weird to him. (Not what he's used to.)

I love that tradition of yours. Giving a food offering back makes sense when you are celebrating the harvest. Can't blame you about the blackberry wine. Wonderful stuff. Btw- I use dried blackberry leaves for migraines. If you have your own vines, you might save some leaves.

Congrats on Black Friday! :celebrate

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
I use dried blackberry leaves for migraines. If you have your own vines, you might save some leaves.
Tell me more! Make a tea? How's this work....

And Modern, I understand about the old habit rearing it's head. 28 December will be 6 months smoke-free for me :weee :celebrate :clap , but every now and again, I just get this weird urge to light up. I just give it a minute or two, and it passes, but it sure is disconcerting!

At Thanksgiving, I spent time with friends, and my Mama-2 is a smoker - in the house, too. After about her first 3 cigarettes, where I made sure I stood up-wind and inhaled deeply, I didn't have another craving all weekend. And then when I got home and put my pillow on my bed, I had to change the pillowcase and febreze the pillow itself before I could sleep on it! Isn't it strange how what was once inviting and desired, is now not?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Bethanial said:
dragonlaurel said:
I use dried blackberry leaves for migraines. If you have your own vines, you might save some leaves.
Tell me more! Make a tea? How's this work....

And Modern, I understand about the old habit rearing it's head. 28 December will be 6 months smoke-free for me :weee :celebrate :clap , but every now and again, I just get this weird urge to light up. I just give it a minute or two, and it passes, but it sure is disconcerting!

At Thanksgiving, I spent time with friends, and my Mama-2 is a smoker - in the house, too. After about her first 3 cigarettes, where I made sure I stood up-wind and inhaled deeply, I didn't have another craving all weekend. And then when I got home and put my pillow on my bed, I had to change the pillowcase and febreze the pillow itself before I could sleep on it! Isn't it strange how what was once inviting and desired, is now not?
A friend made me some blackberry leaf tea once when I had a migraine. I enjoyed it- smells and tastes fruity. A little bit later the headache eased up, so I figured she picked that tea to help and asked what kind is it. You can buy it in health food stores in the tea section, or dry the leaves if you have blackberry vines around. The leaves have to be dried first, before you use them. It deactivates something that can make you puke.