JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe it has been so long since I posted on here.
I have had company every weekend for the last month! My company for this weekend was my best friend, and her daughter. They live in WV. She came, with her dog in tow! :/ He is a BIG boy...daddy is St Bernard, mommy is Mastiff/coon dog. At 7 months old, he weighs 80 pounds! The funny thing is...I have 3 poms. The biggest weighs maybe 9 pounds. They chased him through the yard, his tail tucked between his legs, 3 poms after him like the devil himself. Poor dog. He was terrified of my babies. :lol:
Then Saturday, I got another pup, for me. He is only 11 months old...his name WAS Chance...however I changed it to Falcor.
Whatcha think!???
99_falcornmary.jpg

My little lamb Mary loves this dog. She follows him everywhere...and they play. She head butts him...he runs from her...then she turns and runs, and he chases her. It ended with him laying down, and her curling up with him. Sooo cute!!
I DO however bring him in at night, since hubby is working nights now. He does great inside. He was an inside/outside dog before I got him....but was tied in the back yard on a cable all day. :( He is so skinny, only 74 pounds. I can feel his back bone, and hip bones. I asked the lady what she fed him...she said.."Whatever I can get from the dollar store" :rolleyes: I am sure I will have him where he needs to be in no time...on weight.
This next week I will get him vetted...and checked really well.
Right now I am fighting a horrible toothache. I am going in Monday monrning to get it pulled....hopefully. This toothache is hurting up in my sinuses, my temple, and my ear. UGH! HORRIBLE!!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Boy I am SO sorry about your tooth. That is just a miserable pain. :hugs Hope you feel better soon.

I just had a root canal in one of mine. I don't know what hurts worse the tooth or the dentist bill afterwards. :/

I like the new dog you bought! Very pretty. Why do people think they can just feed their animals cheap crappy dog food and they will do all right. I am glad you got him. He will be better in no time at all. :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh...I guess I forgot to mention....he was FREE!!
Found him on Craigslist. There are so many GP's on there for free. Guess cute little pupies get big. What a concept! :rolleyes: I am so glad I found him. I am super impressed with his temperment. Oh, and after listening to my poms little yippy barks, and hearing his...it gives me chills to the bone. LOVE a great big dog bark. You know they mean it! ;)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, I make a trip to the vet today, for flea treatment, and a decent food for Falcor. There goes $100.00~ :th At least I know he will be flea free, and have good food. I had to treat the poms as well...they got fleas from me bringing Falcor inside.
Last night was his first night outside. I was so nervous. I was afraid I would wake to find him gone...but nope. There he was, wagging his tail, and waiting for me to come feed, and love on him. What a great dog. I can't believe anyone would give this boy up! He has a great personality.
He is learning that altho he is taller than the sheep, when they dont want to play, they MEAN it! He backed Sonny into a corner the other day, wanting to sniff him all over. Sonny is my Ram. Once his rump hit the wall...he was mad! Down went the head, and the horn hooked Falcor under the front leg, and up went Sonny's head. Poor Falcor was hooked! SCREAMING!! I was panicking a little, but Falcor was able to free himself. He now steers clear of the Ram. LOL
Nellie is used to being the "boss" out there, and intends to keep her statis. Falcor will bark in her face, wanting to play, and she will ram him hard in the chest. He backs up, barking...and then leaves her alone. Unless it comes to his food. He is a little aggresive, being he was starved. He barks, snaps his teeth at them, and sometimes bites,never drawing blood tho. They back away, except for Mary. She will head butt him, and he will then let her eat with him. Poor Falcor. He will learn, soon I hope. I feed the sheep inside, and him outside....but the sheep eat faster! He is going to have to learn to just eat, and not stop to come and get scratches. :love What a great dog. I am super impressed.
Now I need to figure out how to get him to the vet. I have an S10 pickup, and I am pretty sure he wont fit! LOL At least, not with me in there as well. LOL A friend has a cage for the back, for sheep and goats. I may just have to borrow it, and take him in that way. Im sure it will be a sight to see. :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that's a puppy?? LOL---very nice dog

I love the name Falcor---the giant flying dragon from Neverending Story.
Very good name!!!!

Enjoy him--I know you will! :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
that's a puppy?? LOL---very nice dog

I love the name Falcor---the giant flying dragon from Neverending Story.
Very good name!!!!

Enjoy him--I know you will! :)
FINALLY!! Someone knows the name! Jeesh, I get wierd looks when I tell everyone his name. I think it fits him well. And yes, he is only 11 months old! LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HA HA HA

I love that movie Neverending Story. Never read the book but the movie was fab!

Falcor is a great name---so regal or something..LOL----can he fly????
:gig

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
HA HA HA

I love that movie Neverending Story. Never read the book but the movie was fab!

Falcor is a great name---so regal or something..LOL----can he fly????
:gig
The Never Ending Story is one of my all time favorites as well.
As for him flying?? well....watching him run..I keep waiting for liftoff! LOL