justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
:gig
liftoff!

he will live good with you I can tell!
Awww, thanks! I sure hope I can live up to HIS expectations! LOL
I know I dindt get much done today...I just wanted to spend time with him.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
BEautiful pup!!! They make such good dogs! When my GP/lab, Lucy, passes on I will be getting another GP. Thanks for the tip...I'll be looking on Craigslist.... :)

Hope your tooth is all better! :( :hugs

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks Bee, the tooth is a little better. Dentist was not open today. :rolleyes: I think tomorrow, I will just go into town, and look for a mean old biker type, and smart off to him, MAYBE he will just knock my tooth out!?? LOL
I am hopeing I can get in to the dentist tomorrow, while the pain is low.
Craigslist is a good place to find a dog...but beware. There are people out there who just can't be honest!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
A great pic and name for Falcor, J!

I think so many GPs are available because people like the idea of a big dog - until the cute little pup starts growing and barking, and digging. We got our Great Pyr, Titan, from a no-kill shelter.

At 11 months, Falcor is still a puppy. Titan is almost 12 years old, and still has his days when he wants to romp and play with his humans. :lol: After a while Falcor will settle down.

We always walked the perimeter of the property or fence line with Titan so he would know the boundaries he was expected to guard. If Great Pyrs can't see their boundaries, they will start to walk the nearby neighborhoods, woods, fields, and farms to guard them as well.

Also, talk to him and let him know his responsibilities. GPs are very intelligent dogs and *need* a job to be happy. In the Pyrenees Mountains, they were bred to live with the sheep 24/7 as guardians.

As for the car/truck ride - good luck! :lol: I have a 2002 Saturn SL - Titan takes up the entire back seat and we have to make sure his tail and/or head are in before we shut the doors. :D He is a good rider, but teaching them to sit or lay down in the vehicle is really important, if you want to be able to see out the back window. :lol:

Congratulations!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Kel.....He really is a fairly calm dog, for his age. Every once in a while he will try to jump up, but I just tell him NO!, and he sits down beside me. Then I praise him, and tell him good dog. I talk to him ALOT. I just cant believe what a good dog he is...so gentle...so smart...and so loveable. When I talk to him, and rub his neck, he lowers his head into my lap, and just hugs me. :love I was intimidated by his size, at first...but now I know he is a big giant baby, untill I hear that bark! It echo's through my woods. :ep I bet we wont have ANY animals left after about a week of HIS barks! I know I wouldn't hang around! :lol: OK, I am on my way out to feed...so Have a great day all!!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Justy it sounds like you found a wonderful new companion! I think he is just beautiful :thumbsup

Enjoy your new pal...oh meant to ask, how do the poms get a long with him?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dace said:
Justy it sounds like you found a wonderful new companion! I think he is just beautiful :thumbsup

Enjoy your new pal...oh meant to ask, how do the poms get a long with him?
Well......as for the poms...Falcor is scared of them! I am sure it is because of those tiny teeth, snapping at him. :lol: I am glad he backs away....at least he doesnt bite thier heads off and spit them out. Thats what I was afraid of most. They are all starting to come to an understanding...you dont look at me, I wont look at you! LOL I just have to keep all food up..he is agressive in that aspect. NOT towards me tho. I can come between him and the bowl, and take it away. Then when he sits...I give it back. Just as a reminder to him, he might be bigger, but I carry a gun! LOL

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Congrats on the new puppy!!!!!!! Falcor is a great name! (Neverending Story was my all time favorite movie as a kid! Part II was no where near as good as the first!)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I agree Quail...the original was the BEST! I have it on VHS! LOL LOVE that movie.
Thanks on the congrats. I never thought I would love a dog this much....he is great!