JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Sorry about your bad Dr experience!

Tell us more about the wrist though. Was it a cut? or a muscular injury?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
When my wrists were jacked up a few years ago I used an ACE bracelet type of wrap during the day and at night I immobilized them with the kind of ACE brace made for carpel tunnel complete with the stiff splint inside of it.

That really seemed to help lots. The little ACE gave support while I worked during the day but wrapping it and holding it perfectly still while I slept each night finally allowed them to heal.

Bronchial infection here too. What are you going to do ... we have got to breathe!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The original "injury" to my wrist was....(stupid,clumsy me) I was trying to unhook the wagon from the tractor, and when I reached for it, I smacked the outside of my wrist, where the knuckle is, on the trailor hitch. I didnt hit the bone....but just under it...where the tendon is. It shot an electric type shock straight up my arm!
I rested it for a few days, then slowly started useing it...it seemed fine, untill I was peeling and sliceing pumpkins to can. The next day, my wrist was swollen, and pain was up into my arm...just to the elbow. So, again, I rested it...and it seemed to heal. Well, recently..I was throwing bales of hay,(only about 8 of them) and 8 feed bags, and reinjured it. Now I cant seem to hold anything weighing more than a few pounds, with that hand, without pain. The pain shoots up my arm. I explained this all to her...she just wasn't concerned. :rolleyes: I will just alternate ice and heat, and take ibuprofen, and keep it wrapped...i guess. DUMB DOCTORS!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I have chronic tendonitis in both my wrists. When it first started I saw a chiropractor (went to see him for a stiff neck).
He told me to take high doses of magnesium and b vitamins. He also told me the ice and heat routine and told me to gently exercise my wrists by filling the sink full of water as hot as I could stand it. then squeezing a sponge and releasing it for a few times, depending how my wrists felt. I had been unable to use both my hands for about 6 months at that time. I had lost a lot of weight because I could barely feed myself. So the exercises should probably not be done until your wrist starts to heal. But the vitamin regimen might help. It did help me.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow Denise....sounds like your wrists were alot worse than mine. You couldn't feed yourself!?? Luckily for me its only the right side. Thanks for the vitamin idea tho.....I will definately look into that!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
20 Oct 09

I was contacted yesterday by a lady who has bought chickens from me in the past. She informed me that her father passed away, and that her mother needed to "get rid" of several outside birds...and asked that I call her mother. So, I called her...and she asked me if I would possibly take her pigeons, and doves, and quail....AND peacock and peahen. :/ I went today and picked up 4 cages of Helmet Pigeons...3 mated pairs, and a single boy...and 7 or 8 Doves. I will go back tomorrow, and get the Pheasants....but I have NO ROOM for the peacock and peahen. I am trying to find them a home, ASAP. She is elderly, and can not go out there and care for them properly. They are FREE!! So, for now, I have several cages of pigeons, and a cage of doves...and will need to find them homes. The pheasants, I might keep...but the peacocks...I just dont have the room. I could get them and hold them for a day...but they need to be gone, like...NOW. Anyone close want a mated pair of India Blues? I think she said they are 2 years old?? Might have said 4yrs...I cant remember. I was just trying to get all the cages loaded, and get out of there. My son was there helping, and he needed to get to work. So, I will go back tomorrow.....and get the rest..that I can. If she doesnt find the peacocks a home, she will just turn them out. :( E Mail me...if you want to help these birds!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Hey, SE Indiana??

I want those peafowl!!! :gig

How close are you to Ohio?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dang it Quail...I wish you would have posted 10 minutes earlier!! I am talking with a guy now, that MIGHT want them. IF he doesnt...you are next in line..OK? I am just about 1 1/2 hrs from Cincinatti. :/

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here is one of the pairs of Pigeons. Anyone want a mated pair of pigeons??
99_1stpairpigeons.jpg

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Do you ship?

:lol:

Those pigeons are beautiful!
And I could use another pair of peafowl!

Hope you get them, Aly! Weren't you going to buy Becca's peachicks?