JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Uh, justusnak, just tell him, sorry, someone had already claimed them! :lol:

BB, I didn't have a way to house young peachicks over the winter. Adult birds are another story! ;)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
justusnak said:
Dang it Quail...I wish you would have posted 10 minutes earlier!! I am talking with a guy now, that MIGHT want them. IF he doesnt...you are next in line..OK? I am just about 1 1/2 hrs from Cincinatti. :/
Technically, my post was 10 minutes before you posted this! :gig

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Darn it Quail.....he said he will be here in the morning. :( IF by some chance, he doesnt show, they are yours!
Oh, and I stand corrected...the pigeons, they are German Owl pigeons......want some!?? ;)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
What would I do with pigeons?! :th They poop worse than chickens!

That's OK on the peafowl! I don't think I could convince Ernie that they'd be worth the trip to get them. :lol:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a morning!! The gentleman who wanted the peacocks came this morning. He also took all but one pair of the pigeons. SWEET!! I am keeping the Pheasants. They are a silver pair. BEAUTIFULL!
So, now I am going to take a break, :)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Glad to hear you could help re home the birds. I inherited some hens once that way. the husband passed and the wife could not deal with the pets.

On the wrist issues. When I remember, I take a b complex as well. I was a waitress and bartender for years. My wrist ache a lot and even go numb at night. The b helps a lot.

good luck. gina

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey Gina, Thanks for the info on the B Complex.....I will look for some next time I am in town.
I was just glad to help her out. Those birds would never have made it through the winter in the "houseing" they had.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
24 Oct 09

So, yeah, today was my B Day. Let me tell you how MY day went......

Up at 6:30, daughter called, wanted to " be the first to wish me a Happy B day" Ummmm, ok, but before coffee!?? :barnie Well, im up...might as well get this day going. It will be hours before Hubby gets up. Usually he is up around 1 or 2pm. ( overnight shift)
So...get the coffee...sit down on the sofa..and fall back to sleep. :th
We all know, this is never a good idea....I wake up at 7:30, with a splitting headache! :( Coffee....I need coffee....and LOTS of it! Settle in with lots of E mails...well wishers...HA! If they only knew how this day worked out!
Let the dogs out, and realised the septic is backing up. :sick So, in my houserobe...out in the 40 degree weather...there I am...getting the septic taken care of. Good thing no one comes over this early!
Back inside...now I can get my MUCH NEEDED shower. OK, shower done...need to waite untill the hair dries, before I can go back out for chores...so, I clean out the woodstove...bring in some smaller wood..and get a roaring fire going. Ahhhh, this feels great on the old bones...and will dry my hair in no time! Sitting there with my coffee....sniff sniff.?? Whats THAT smell??? Sorta familiar...stinky...smells like...BURNING HAIR!! :barnie Guess I sat a little too close. great, now my hair stinks ALL over again. Just fine, I pull it into a bun, and head outside for chores. Its cold...rainy...just a "great" day! :tongue Get to the hogs...always feed them first. At first I didnt see them...so I get closer to the fence..here they come, and of course I cant move fast enough....SLOP, SLOP....SPLASH!! JUST GREAT! Now I am covered in pig poo!! :sick Why do I even bother to shower in the morning? Oh yeah, septic.. :/
Get them fed...those nasty little buggers. I take some pleasure in knowing...one more week..you nasty things...will be GONE...well, at least not in the pen, but in the freezer! :p
Off to the chicken coops. First the big coop...( 12 x 30 ) Need to check feeders, waterers...and get the scratch. I reach for the scoop...and out pops a mouse!!!! :barnie THAT will get the old heart going! Where is that DARNED CAT!????? Now I am STOMPING through the coop....get the scratch...and head outside to give everyone thier breakfast "fix" of "chicken crack" Oh, and did I say it has been raining for like FOREVER?? Something to remember...no matter HOW mad you are...DO NOT stomp your feet after a good rain. So, now....hog poo, and mud..all over my clothes...and in my burnt smelling hair! Just great!! Get the big coop done...and head to the ducks. This is easy peasy...2 ducks..pretty well mannered...untill today. I go in the pen, and for some reason.. the drake decides to challenge me! WHAT THE HECK!?? We had a few words....boot went flying...drake backed down! If he only knew...THIS was NOT the morning to start with me!! OK, off to the Banty Shanty. This is where the banty cochin frizzles, silkies, and Pheasants are. The turkey hut is connected...so I can access it through the Banty Shanty. Once inside...door shut..out of the drizzle and wind..I feel a little comfort. Dry...somewhat warmer...then... I see it! The rat trap I had set...had 2 mice in it...ONE was still alive. I guess they were both after the bait but one decided to run and almost made it out, but was caught by the tail. Just great...one dead...one alive...in ONE trap. Again...where is that darned cat!????? That good for nuttin... :duc cat! Got a stick, took the trap outside...released them. Yeah, one got away live..but he will be back.
Everyone fed..watered..and petted. ( is that a word? Well, it is today!) I think I made a few of my own word today! LOL
Off to the sheep..and Falcor. Now, the barn is of course, on the other side of the property....some few hundred yards away. Its cold...drizzling..and I stink! Get to the pasture gate..of course met by the sheep, and dog. What a bunch of happy faces! They know its feeding time. :love Get in the gate..and between the 5 of them, I almost hit the ground. :somad I make it across the pasture...to the barn...and finally inside. Ahhhh..sweet dry...sweet smelling barn! Get everyone fed...Mary in her stall...April in her stall...Nelly and Sonny eating contently...and Falcor munching on his food. I lean against the wall, and just take in the sight. Everyone happy...everyone eating...sweet peace! Then...IT happens. Something jumps on my back!! :barnie After a few seconds of FREAKING OUT....i realise....THERE is THAT DARNED CAT!!!! Ohhh, I almost had furry mittens for the winter! :smack
Time to head back to the house, another shower.....get a fresh cup of coffee...poke the fire....and settle in for a bit.
Just as I get everyone settled in....hubby gets up. He wanted to finish the closet he built for me off the laundry room. :weee
I let him!! HAHA! He hung drywall...taped and set the mud...and I relaxed a bit..taking several calls from family members. :D
My new closet is 4 x 4....and I love it! I can store the grandkids toys in there, out of sight! I also can stack the tubs of dry goods in there. Next week we will go get the primer and paint for it all. :D
Hubby took me out to Chinese for dinner....Saturday is Crab Legs on the buffet! Ohhhhh yeah...I ate WAY too much! :p My son and daughter in law and grandson met us in the parking lot..and had a dozen orange roses for me. :love Now...we are home...hubby has the woodstove going...bringing me coffee...and life is GOOD again!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Way to start your birthday off with a bang!!! :gig I couldn't help myself, had to laugh. Glad everything settled down and you had a good day!

Happy Birthday to you...... :D