JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Happy Birthday! :thumbsup It's gonna be a great year!
After all- you got the $#!t over with already. Enjoy your new closet. That's a gift that will come in handy. Glad your day got better too.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
too uncanny...it was my 40th yesterday too...and guess what dh spent the day doing...working on the septic!! LOL! Happy Birthday!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
too uncanny...it was my 40th yesterday too...and guess what dh spent the day doing...working on the septic!! LOL! Happy Birthday!
:lol: Sounds like we BOTH had a sh*$$y B Day! At least YOU didnt have to work on the septic!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YA Morel!! I got 7 year on ya tho. :/

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Happy Birthday!!! Glad your day got better. Congrats on your new closet!! :D

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Happy belated Birthday to Morel too! I wish you a great year too :D

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
These are the beautifull roses my son, DIL and Gson got me yesterday. Arent they just beautifull?? I can't say I have ever seen this bright orange color before in roses.
99_roses.jpg

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
25 Oct 09

I have been feeling a bit under the weather lately...so I didnt get up untill almost 8 am! :/
Going to make coffee...and "what is that"?? Its a shadow!! Waite...its MY shadow!!! I quickly walk to the front door, and I see a strange bright light in the sky....could it be?? SUNSHINE!!!!! I step out onto the front porch to soak up as much sun as possible...and yes, before my coffee!! I can feel my "solar batteries" charging. I feel like a solar energiser bunny! After a few minutes of soaking up sunshine....I come in for my coffee..ahhhhh, THIS is going to be a great day! My body is feeling great...now charged with sunshine. Back to the front porch...coffee in hand...feed the barncats thier breakfast, and sit with them for a while. Sitting there, looking around at what God has blessed me with...and really enjoying the sunshine. I feel like a lazy cat in a windowsill. Stretching....breathing deep..and just loveing life!!
Time to get going tho...chores are waiting. After getting dressed...I saunter to the hog pen. They are happy, and grunting wanting thier breakfast. I have to smile at them, ( a little from knowing just a few more days of working with them) and a little of the pure joy I feel from a sunny morning! Going through the chores with the sun shineing sure makes it alot easier, and more pleasant. Even the chickens are happy....laying in thier runs...wings spread..I can see them recharging as well. Everyone is happy, and lazeing in the morning sun. What a glorious morning!:love I get to the "Banty Shanty" and start filling feeders, when this little cockerell I hatched last spring runs up to me and stands at my feet. Now, this little banty cochin frizzle cockerell is by far, one of the prettiest of my small flock. He has never let me touch him, even tho I raised him from an egg. Today is different....I bend down, and hold out my hand...and he hops on my hand!! :love I gently raise him to my chest, and he snuggles in close. I feel like my heart is going to just burst with joy! We sit together for a while....me chatting softly with him...and him chatting back. As much as I wanted to just sit with him all day, it was time to go feed the sheep, and Falcor. Back to the pen...he struts off..chatting to the others.
I make my way to the pasture gate...and the 4 sheep, and Falcor are standing there patiently...not jumping...not head butting...just waiting. I think this sunshine has "calmed the savage beasts" :lol: We all walk to the barn in a calm manner...and I start scooping out feed. Everyone cooperated with great manners. Mary in her stall, April in hers...and Nelly and Sonny eating together. Falcor standing there waiting patiently for his breakfast. Everyone fed, I squat down to just take in the sights and sounds of content animals. :)
Falcor finished up, and walked over to me...and just stuck his big nose against my cheek, and held it there. :idunno I started to giggle, and he backed up, wagging his tail...so I said.." now what was that for"? He then steps closer, and places his big old nose on my forehead! Just holding it there. Not licking...just light pressure of his nose on my forehead. Again I giggle...and he backs up, wagging his tail....I sat down in the straw..and he comes over and leans up against me....head in my lap. :love THIS is how life should be...every day! Today....I can truely feel the blessings!! As the sheep finish....they take turns walking up, wanting a scratch under the chin, then walk over to thier hay feeder...and just slowly start munching. I can not express in words...how this fills my heart with content. After breakfast is done...we all walk out into the sunshine...and just stand there. Everyone is calm...takeing turns getting scratches. What a great way to start a day! The rest of the day was calm...and uneventfull. Laundry done...dinner done...and off to my grandsons Birthday party. We had a great time with the family...then hubby heads to work, and I head home for evening chores..and to put everyone to bed. Several more snuggles and scratches..and everyone is happy. Especially me!!
I have been blessed.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
What a difference a day can make! :) You soak up that sunshine for me too. Nothing but rain in these parts. :(