Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I definitely want that last one sis! Maybe I can get that armoire and tires to you in the next couple days if you're up for it. If you want I can bring you some quail eggs to set too. I got 25 eggs from them today!!! :th It was very surely the feed change...they're laying machines again! Let me know what day is good for you :) I GOTTA meet Tallie anyway, she is just too dang cute, and I want kisses before she no longer has puppy breath :lol:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Those are so pretty! I'm sure you will be able to sell some; your prices sound very reasonable to me!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL, "sold" will get it poly'd up for you :)
only day that's looking to be yucky is tomorrow, so weds thurs or fri works for me :)
Got a bunch of strawberry plants for you to take home too.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Pink, those are gorgeous! I didn't even realize they were gourds at first.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ohhhhhh, I want, I want, I want! Didn't you mention doing some candle holders one time? I think that would be such a cool idea!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yeah theres a couple im definatly going to be turning into votive holders :)
ive got a commission for 4 small so I got them cleaned out and scrubbed off today,didnt spray paint because of the rain...that still hasn't happened :/

2 of my LF partridge cochins have gone missing found feather evidence but cant be sure what got them they were there lastnight at feeding time, so im betting a noctournal predator, likely an owl or something. the stupid things roost out in the open at night and wont let me coop them up
so im going to wait until itgets dark and im going to go catch roo nd his 1 remaining girl and put them in the little 4x8 coop. hate the idea of not being able to let them free range but if they cant be smart enough to take shelter in one of the protected structures they'll have to be cooped.
since its just the 2 of them they'll have to deal with the small coop until I can build a bigger chicken coop and yard for them.
im already having an off day in terms of moods so this just adds to the yucky :/

to add ontop of that, my back has been killing me, and then I took the ogs outthis afternoon and got bitten by a skeeter...
now I hear you...aww poor baby...suck it up..
but heres theproblem...I don't react to skeeter bites like most people. thus far this seaso ive bee lucky, most bites have been on my calves... and ive not ha my usual reaction...but when one gets me on a realy fleshy soft spot...or worse...a joint...I burn, swell up like crazy andit sends burning pain through the area by shooting up the erves too...think the hot burning pain of a hornet sting with the itchiness of a skeeter bite, squish them together and throw in some deacent swelling and that's my reaction...
well this afternoons run in with a now DEAD skeeter resulted in 5 bites, 3 on the elbow and 2 on the fleshysoft underarm...the whole underside of my arm is hot and buring and then within about 5 mins it looked like someone had replaced my elbow with 1/2 a baseball...its o FIRE and it hurts to bend my arm.
STUPID
took some benadryl which has reduced the swelling and redness but the lingeringburn and tenderness inside the joint only adds to the ridiculous amount of itchy...and I cant find my anti itch cream anywhere...
so yeah....
apparently mr. crappy mood decided it wanted the company of "one of those days"
all I want right now is a back rub and one of those ridiculously unhealthy molten chocolate cakes from chillis!
and to end the lives of every single skeeter ont he face of the planet.

did manage to get dishes done, just have to put them away and do the dinner dishes but that's serisouly all I got done today.

need to figure out which of the next 3 days ill be borrowing e's truck to haul the tires from the place she found for me...but honestly today I feel about ready to pack in and move to the moon...

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well it took about 1/2 an hour to catch the 2, but both roo and his girl are safely behind bars.
I managed to catch her in the first 10mins...but he was being wiley...I put her in the pen and eventually he got curious and came over to see her and I managed to grab him before he bolted again.
the bonus to having them locked up, least I wont have to continue to woner IF they are laying, ive not yet found a nest but im sure the pigs Have if there ever was one... so least I can keep track now...

*hakes head* silly chickens.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
congrats on catching the wiley critters! And, girlfriend - you definitely deserve chocolate! (and, I would loooove to see some of your votive holders!) I have a feeling I might NEEEEEEEEEEEED some, lol)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks! thesechickens are dumber than a box of rock, seriously, they cant even figure out how to go up into their house. think im going to have to catch em and shove em up inside and let them figue out how to get back out just so they know its there lol

so today has thus far gone like this.

whent to town, paid the garbage bill through December, stoped by and got the spay cert for Dusty, she goes in tomorrow morning...least thatll be DONE.
and then picked up E's truck and whent and got a load of tires he loae me up all the ones he had laying on the ground, then just as wereabout to start figuring out how to fit as many possible from his little trailer into the truck he goes...tell you what...your doing me a huge favor here and saving me a lot of money..hows bout I just deliver this trailer full to your house?!
Perfect, theres probably a good 20-25 tires stacked in there and that should be a good start lol.

so I got my truck load home and unloaded, only about 12 tires (I didn't even count them lol) and kinda put where I think I want them...itll be hard to say for certain until I get the rest and can play with the sizes a little, theres a huge patch under the pecan tree behind the swing, ill probably use tires to form the back and front of the bed and just fill up the gap between depending on how many tires I have...
im inda excited, I know its kinda the "redneck way" but I think given tem being black and the area is shades, once there full of plants (and ill be planting some cascading plants along the fronts) they should ust kinda blend right in behind the plants some will be set around the pond too which will help insulate it some in the winter.

but yeah...
so waiting on him, then ill take E's truck back. got some cleaning I have to do too...

got home to a very round tummied puppy, gave her a heavily meated deer bone for busy time/lunch while I was out...shes definatly full LOL!
I dint realize quite how much meat was actually on it. but she seems to have enjoyed it and is resting happily right now lol.

and yeah...that's been my day.

ive realized that I like riving the truck...not nessicarily this particular truck, shes funny on the acceleration lol) but I feel so tall in it! lol.
once the land loan is cleared and the credit card paid off ill be part exchanging Arcee for a small truck...mabe something like a ford ranger.
gotta get the debts paid off first though.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Will be there tomorrow morning sis with tires, okra, eggs, and maybe the armoire(back has been giving me fits)! It has been a looooooong week so far :th