Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You all notice that Aly hasn't replied to Morel's guesses? :D Hmmmmmmmmm........... :/ Could it be a llama or alpaca after all? I mean, just how many other animals can be taller than Aly~as babies? Maybe a draft horse....is that it? Are you getting a work horse, Quail? BTW, did you get Shadow yet or did I miss so much that you have him already and I missed it?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
LOL I didn't reply to Morel's post because I refuse to keep answering to guesses.

I might as well just say it, I guess.

Anyhoo, no Shadow didn't get here. Sigh. The trailer didn't come through after all. My mom is talking to someone she knows, to see if they will do it.

and it's an Alpaca that I want. :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My goodness, girl! What in the world would you DO with one? Can't eat it, could use the wool but do you have a way of using it and selling offspring is an iffy marketing project.....is this just a pet thing? I think they are beautiful and very nice pets but....could you get a return on your investment? :)

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
How do you ladies remember the names of every chicken and keep them straight??? I don't even bother naming mine because I could not keep them straight if my life depended on it! If I had large animals like goats or a cow I could...but only up to like the first 5! Not sure I could keep them straight after that!!
I have no 2 chickens of the same breed, so it is easy for me. :D

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
HEE HEE HEE
alpaca wool is worth its weight in gold (well just about). Better get some really good shears.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
My goodness, girl! What in the world would you DO with one? Can't eat it, could use the wool but do you have a way of using it and selling offspring is an iffy marketing project.....is this just a pet thing? I think they are beautiful and very nice pets but....could you get a return on your investment? :)
Well, gee, aren't you just the voice of reason :gig

Well, it started off wanting as a pet, then I started researching the income side of raising them for their fiber, and yes, if one harvests the fiber there is a market for it.

Me, would like it to have the fibers for making my own homemade yarns.

as for what I would do with it...pet it love it feed it pet it love it feed it pet it love it ......lol maybe SHOW it....pet it love it feed it....you get the idea ;)

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I bet the chickerdoodles were glad to get out of their boxes last night! It sure looks like they are settling in just fine, QA!

Quincy's tail feathers always made me laugh, especially when he would get startled and try to look fierce! :D

Louisa and Polk are best buds, so you will probably see them together a lot.