Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
LOL I sang to them a little bit this morning...um...well...I don't think they like MY singing...I need a recording from you LOL yea, that might work...

The ducks sure think I lost it, that's for sure!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Funny! :lol: Yes, the voice of reason must interject...yer on a self sufficiency forum, silly! :D Plus...I have immersed myself in Joel Salatin lore this week, so I'm starting to think about the bottom line, researching your market before you invest in a money making project, etc. Blame Joel!!! :rolleyes: He says if you can't return your investment on an animal within a year, you have wasted your money.

So...how much does one of those things cost now? :D :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
well, I would have to say my chickens haven't returned their investment yet LOL and it's been almost a year.

See, we set ourselves a price limit on one, and if I can't find it in that limit, I don't get it.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lovely birds! What breeds are they all? I have my 72 chickens, but only about 25 of them have names. You get a name by making a name for yourself here at tfpets!
And Alpacas are awesome! You'll be able to put the wool to good use. My Llama is a retired pack llama, so her wool is grown shorter to the body, and pretty useless, it's more coarse than fiber llamas or alpacas or I'd send her wool to you!
Tina

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
An alpaca would be cool! They go for a LOT of $$ around here!! I am pretty sure people actually have insurance on their alpacas too.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My chickens have not made a return on their investment yet either! I am thinking that I still have a while until that happens!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
dacjohns said:
Why do you mousse Quincy?
:gig

Because he's a frizzled cochin :gig

Isn't he just gorgeous?! :love

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
OMG OMG OMG

The BIL and his wife from H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS are looking to buy a house RIGHT DOWN THE ROAD FROM ME!!! :barnie

If they move in, I am moving OUT!!!!!!!!!!!