Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My guess is a sawmill or a log splitter.
(Maybe I am thinking that because that is what I want!)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
LOL No Pam, what I want is alive.

I will give a hint...it doesn't lay eggs.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I read the doesn't come from and egg hint....hmm.
A Jersey cow???

If we guess right are you going to tell us?

We know it has to be something that someone was selling in their front yard....

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
You are going to keep us guessing until spring? :rant

I'm rotating my waterers right now. Have one in the house, fill it up in the morning and replace the frozen one. Bring the frozen one in and repeat the process. Guess I will have to break down and get some sort of heater.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
You are going to keep us guessing until spring? :rant

I'm rotating my waterers right now. Have one in the house, fill it up in the morning and replace the frozen one. Bring the frozen one in and repeat the process. Guess I will have to break down and get some sort of heater.
Haha that's what I am doing...but I do have a light that keeps it thawed, I just don't have my hose out there anymore:>( It's kind of gross to have to refill in the kitchen sink though...

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Not a jersey cow, although a low line Jersey is on the list of things to acquire eventually....

Yes, I saw them in the farmers front yard...babies ones...and I was like OMG OMG I want one! But even as babies they were taller than me LOL

Oh well, guess that's ya'll's second clue LOLOL

Yes, dac, I might keep you guessing until spring, but maybe I won't. I could say I want one, but it isn't definite I will get one....

ETA: I just got home not too long ago, brought home my new chooks! Thank you keljonma! They are GORGEOUS! and HUGE and sooooooo fluffy!!

I think my mom wanted to sneak Louisa home LOL She kept talking about how beautiful she is.

I got them all settled into their own pen for now, well it's the duck pen, but they have the whole building to themselves. I will get some pics of them tomorrow and post them!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
HB, QA! You are welcome! Well, I can't say I blame your mom; I think Louisa is quite a beauty too.. Polk and Quincy are big fluff balls too. I think Monroe and Elizabeth are a striking pair.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Elizabeth was quite upset, and the hardest one to get settles in for the night. LOL Everytime I would get them on the roost, she would shoot out the door into the run on me. Finally after I got the other four all settled in, she ambles in like she completely owned the place. WHEW.

I love my chickens that were already here, but I think the five I just brought home are the most gorgeous chickens on the whole place! (just don't tell the other chickens I said so!)

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Elizabeth was quite upset, and the hardest one to get settles in for the night. LOL Everytime I would get them on the roost, she would shoot out the door into the run on me. Finally after I got the other four all settled in, she ambles in like she completely owned the place. WHEW.

I love my chickens that were already here, but I think the five I just brought home are the most gorgeous chickens on the whole place! (just don't tell the other chickens I said so!)
That is soooo Elizabeth! :D All the others would be in the laundry/mud room at dusk before she would even think about wandering in ...