Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ALY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

So what did you get???????????

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to yoooooou, Happy Birthday to yoooooou, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to yooooou.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
HAHAHA thank you!

Ya'll are cracking me up.

Yes, I am getting two ferrets for my birthday, a dark sable boy named Bandit (changing his name to Kodo) and a cinnamon Panda girl named River (cute, so we'll keep it!)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Bee, today is my birthday. :)
Oh, man!!! Sorry! Happy Birthday!!! I'd give you flowers but someone stole my flower smiley!!! :( How 'bout... :celebrate :weee
:bow :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :hugs

And hoooooow old? :ep

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I AM THIRTY!!! WOOT!!!

Finally, left those 20's behind!!!!

Anyway, thought I would share some pics of my three fuzzybutts!!

This is Meeko, he was the first ferret I ever got. We bought him at a petstore in April 2007 when he was 8 weeks old.
He loooves to ham it up for the camera!
Meeko4.jpg

Meeko3.jpg

Meeko-1.jpg

Meeko2.jpg

And this is Meeko in the rice box
Meekoricebox.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I don't know much about ferrets, though I think they are cute as all get out.....what is the "rice box"? Ferret litter box? Play station for ferret-kind?

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
These are pics of Snickers, who we adopted October 2007. He was being severely neglected in his former home and was nearly starved to death when we got him. Lots of proper food and love, and within 2 weeks he was bouncing around the house like he owned it.
P1070931.jpg

P1070932.jpg

Snickers5.jpg

Snickers4.jpg

Snickers3.jpg

Snickers2.jpg

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Play station for ferret-kind?
Yes!

Ferrets naturally like to dig, and if you value your carpet, a rice box is a good outlet for the digging LOL

It is also a nice way to "freshen" them up between baths. Ferrets release oils into their fur that sometimes give off an odor. The rice absorbs some of this oil, keeping their coats shiny and soft, and the odor down. Bathing ferrets too often causes the oil glands to release more oils, increasing the odor, so the rice box is a good alternative to monthly bathing.

I give my ferrets a bath once every six months, and we don't have too many odor issues here.